Wanted Disc front hub 36h

Got a Deore HB-M495A hub you can have. It's silver although not vintage and has a centrelock rotor instead of the older type. Can provide a rotor though for a bit more cash.

Got a Deore HB-M495A hub you can have. It's silver although not vintage and has a centrelock rotor instead of the older type. Can provide a rotor though for a bit more cash.
thanks for offering but this might look too modern for what i'm going for

i've now found an old hope bulb with this kind of a 5-bolt adapter. could i somehow convert this to 6-bolt compatible? would a freewheel 6-bolt adapter fit for example? or am i destined to use a mismatching 5-bolt rotor?
IMG-3084.jpg

i've now found an old hope bulb with this kind of a 5-bolt adapter. could i somehow convert this to 6-bolt compatible? would a freewheel 6-bolt adapter fit for example? or am i destined to use a mismatching 5-bolt rotor?
IMG-3084.jpg
No, you're stuck with Hope rotors on that. If you ever want to consider selling it though in favour of using something else then give me a shout, I've been after one of them for a while!

No, you're stuck with Hope rotors on that. If you ever want to consider selling it though in favour of using something else then give me a shout, I've been after one of them for a while!
i didn't buy it (on ebay) but looks like someone else did, hope it was you

i didn't buy it (on ebay) but looks like someone else did, hope it was you
It was indeed! I clocked it on a saved search, realised you'd asked preemptively, and I cheekily stuck an offer in. Sorry (although I told myself that it wasn't really what you were after anyway)!

Have a look at the Hope Pro2 as an option, it's more modern than the Bulb/Sport but is visually quite similar to those hubs and uses the same bearings too, albeit with the Bulb/Sport the disc mounting tabs extended all the way to the spoke flange rather than being milled out in between. Get yourself a retro hope sticker to cover the etched Hope logo and nobody would tell the difference without looking closely.

Back