'diesel' scrappage scheme

Chap i work with has converted his BL mini to electric. I'll see if i can find his blog.

More unnecessary and expensive government interference in pursuit of a pointless objective.

Yet people question me when I say government should 'do' less.

Re:

I wonder where all this electricity we are going to need is going to come from. A typical car will use 10's of kilowatt hours!!!!

Re:

The cool thing is, these displaced pollution vehicles can be charged up during off peak times, making the whole system more efficient.

Re:

Even off peak can our national grid support everyone pulling down all those kilowatts? it struggles with 4 million people switching on their kettles when Eastenders is over!!!!

Re: Re:

highlandsflyer":1a2f3tjx said:
The cool thing is, these displaced pollution vehicles can be charged up during off peak times, making the whole system more efficient.

Once 'everyone' needs to charge cars at night to get to work the next morning, I wonder if it will still be off peak?

Also, the huge tax on fossil fuels, then the vat on top of that, what happens if most people went electric. Whats the next tax target?

Back