Diamond Back Axis 1994

And here we have the begining of the rust removal

I have used T-cut, a rag, and some tin foil, along with an initial tooth brush and Jizer (de-greaser) treatment.

one side of the BB shell and some of the down tube and seat tube were done just to test the water. Initial results seems ok.

P3020790.jpg

P3020789.jpg

P3020787.jpg

P3020785.jpg

DB Axis

I remember these bikes! Back in the day. Hope you manage to restore that one to its former glory. :cool:

Re: DB Axis

GMC":38dr6ren said:
I remember these bikes! Back in the day. Hope you manage to restore that one to its former glory. :cool:

cheers, I am going to have a good go, and it looks like I got the original bars,stem,headset,seatpost,seatpost clamp,and front brake noodle, along with the XT front and rear mechs with the frame.

HarryCrumb":zyvlbo8z said:
kaya":zyvlbo8z said:
Will we be seeing this or the cannondale at the kake run on the 19th :LOL:

We'll have to see ;) going to try and make it on something.

Now you've had a bit of a clean up it doesnt look half as bad as the first pics, will have to keep my eye on this to see were the (NOS) will be used :LOL:

Really like the nickel finish on these, always fancied one myself.

If you can get that back near original I'll be very impressed, keep up the good work!

majoreyeswater":zac1815b said:
Just wanted to know what the trick is with the tin foil. Never heard of that before :eek:

if you have some T-cut or autosol etc put it on a bit of foil then rub heavily corroded chrome,or in this case the plated finish of the frame. its abrasion is good enough to remove speckled rusted patches but will not scratch the metal below as the alluminium of the foil is softer. this works really well on old chrome headsets etc.

The laquer on the frame is so damaged I am not too concerned about this being removed by the foil, and will just work round the decals.

Back