DeKerf Softtail servicing / repair.

That looks identicle to the early Raleigh Torus, it has the same detail on the cable stops and canti stop. Does it have aluminium inserts in the BB shell? Th dropouts look different to a Torus but it might be the picture. There will also be an aluminium shim fixed into the seattube and they are 30.0mm.

Are Nashbar a discount brand? I've never heard of them. All the Torus's AFAIK were machine welded in Nottingham using pure Titanium rather than an alloy. I imagine the 'Made in the USA' label really only means the components were fitted to the frame in the USA!

i think you're right about the 'made in the u.s.a.' sticker.

Nashbar was one of the first mail order bike part operations, and they're still operating in the U.S. These are the best pics I've found, and it's the same frame, just with some pretty pathetic decals on it (including one the chainstay of Nashbar's founder);

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nashbar-26-Moun ... 7675.l2557

there is definitely a shim in the seatpost, and i'm pretty sure there is one in the BB as well. i haven't looked at it too closely yet as i've just moved, and i'm kinda out of money, so i'm afraid if i start examining it closely, i'll start buying parts for it.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Nice!
I was re-reading some emails from Chris today actually about the Team ST, he said he was constantly changing the design to make it better, so it might not be the same as this.

Back