DeKerf Singlespeed / Solitare Build...............FINISHED!!

Very nice indeed - I had one of these back in the day but in Chocolate Brown - if I were you I'd put the white saddle back on - looked better with that!

I have had the same frame from new since 1999, when I was inspired to get one by having a go on the chocolate brown one owned by the late Mike Hall. We spent many happy evenings and Sundays charging round on them.

Mine has been anything but a garage queen. I rode the snot out of it, riding all over the Peak District, Yorkshire Dales and Moors on it, then racing it at Beastway for years after moving to London. It even had a top 6 finish at the Singlespeed World Championships one year (not me riding it that day).

Picture and build details can follow if people are interested.

I have had the same frame from new since 1999, when I was inspired to get one by having a go on the chocolate brown one owned by the late Mike Hall. We spent many happy evenings and Sundays charging round on them.

Mine has been anything but a garage queen. I rode the snot out of it, riding all over the Peak District, Yorkshire Dales and Moors on it, then racing it at Beastway for years after moving to London. It even had a top 6 finish at the Singlespeed World Championships one year (not me riding it that day).

Picture and build details can follow if people are interested.

Definitely. Start yourself a thread for it :)

Agreed let's bring the DeKerf's back out from the sheds! It's obviously always been a slightly boutique brand so there's fewer of them around, but there are a few. He's a fantastic frame builder - with great understanding for the qualities of steel tubing. Nothing else I've ever ridden comes close to the mythical springy steel symbiosis of body and machine than my DeKerf (and that includes an off-the-peg Generation I owned for a bit too.)!

Back