De Rosa Titanio by UGO De Rosa

novekili

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
A couple of months ago, I put this bike on the for sale section , receiving very little attention. No doubt, a 90s era De Rosa, albeit in titanium, is way less interesting than an 80s or earlier frame.
I was talking about the ti fuselage with a friend who insisted I should have kept it, when he offered, being he in friendly terms with Doriano De rosa, to ask him some info.
I sent him some pics and it turned out the frame was a really early model, not made by Doriano, but by Ugo De Rosa himself.
To tell you the truth, I didn't even know Ugo had welded ti tubes, since the master ti welder was Doriano. But you see, having a bike made by the same guy who built rigs for Eddy Merckx sounds really intriguing.
The frame is made using a rare Colubus Hyperion tubeset, and, what can I say, is not for sale anymore. As soon as I have finished mounting proper parts on my Pegoretti, it's gonna be built up (even because it rides like a dream).

Attachments

• P1050725.JPG
    P1050725.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 478
Do you still own the frameset? I would be interested in buying it. I think it will be very nice with a Dura Ace 7900 groupset, for example.

Latest posts

Back