Dawes frame ID

I love fixed wheel bikes, and if I lived in a flat part of the country I would still be riding one. Back in the 1960s I converted several frames to ride fixed, and off came the five-speed blocks and rear derailleurs, etc. I can recall painting a Falcon and a Hobbs of Barbican, where I was unhappy with the finish (for various reasons I cannot remember) so out came the Brushing Belco for a once-over (no rattle cans back then).

I love seeing steel bikes back on the road, whether they have the original paint job and components, or when they have an up-to-date paint job and modern components.

So I am looking forward to seeing how the Dawes progresses.

p.s. I also like both the VWs, too.

Re:

OK, I was a bit outspoken :oops:

I only objected to the use of the word 'Restoration' which is a process where an item is returned to how it once looked, not modified.

I like modified Beetles too :D

My current daily driver/ rolling restoration...1956 BMW Isetta 300

F7D14E1D-0490-4E91-B8A8-C88D3609A92C.jpg

Re: Re:

t47b":35uuhqtx said:
OK, I was a bit outspoken :oops:

I only objected to the use of the word 'Restoration' which is a process where an item is returned to how it once looked, not modified.

I like modified Beetles too :D

My current daily driver/ rolling restoration...1956 BMW Isetta 300

F7D14E1D-0490-4E91-B8A8-C88D3609A92C.jpg

That's fair enough , I should of used the correct terminology. Love the ride :) I miss my classic cars , had to sell mine to help pay for a house. Growing up sucks lol

Re:

New to forums so sorry if I'm hijacking but the topic looked just right. Can anyone help ID my bike please I can find nothing online? All help welcome cheers, Matt

Attachments

• DSCF2192.JPG
    DSCF2192.JPG
    169.9 KB · Views: 446
Re:

Thanks,looks similar so not sure about the London to Brighton paintwork, must be a special. It says Reynolds 530 on the frame so this is another difference. Cheers, Matt

Back