Withdrawn Dawes Edge ONE MTB Single Speed S/M 17.5

Wenagade

Dirt Disciple
Bike being kept as winter hack as no real value in selling going on other Retro bikes in better condition & that's OK I kinda like it for dossing around earth.

Thanks

Last edited:
Just being curious: what makes you think that this is the first dedicated singlespees mtb? From the looks from it and what Dawes did back in the day, I'd say, this one is not even classic, as in made before 1996?

Apperantly from 2004 and if so, neither classic and far far away from being a "first".

Title changed I read on here or the internet about it being the first dedicated mtb single speed horizontal dropouts, whether that's true I don't know, it wasn't stated as a selling scheme like swoping gold for sand & Jones etc !

Removed said claim from title but kept it's menstion within main body for preceding interjections

Last edited:
Actually, to my knowledge and apart from the early Klunker bikes of the late 70s, Paul Sadoff of Rock Lobster build the first one in the late 80s. Ventana stepped in in 1996 with a first batch of singlespeed frames and already in 1997/8 Surly put their 'Rat pack' out there, what would become the 1x1.

2004 is indeed the height of the singlespeed craze...

Well it might of been a claim of the first mass produced as the ratbike a name you could apply to my bike with it's paint job, I don't know if that was a so called utility bike or MTB.

So if not the first mass produced perhaps UK then merely false claims, that's the new digital age & servers holding to much data!

Back