Dave Yates Vulcan

Yep, these do use regular bosses. The issue you have though is lack of cable stops for the rear brake.If you look closely this has been fitted with custom mounts from new so as to to run the hydraulic hose through.

There is a thingy out there which allows you to run cable straight to a v brake noodle, but TBH mounting v brakes would be sacrilege on this!
100% agree with @mynchiboy who beat me to it on both counts:
1. Standard cantilever bosses, but a watch-out on the cable stops.
2. V-brakes would be sacrilege on this! :)

forgot to mention that Hydrostops are ace to use as well. Really nice feel and modulation. Props to the owner for speccing these on the build!

Yep, these do use regular bosses. The issue you have though is lack of cable stops for the rear brake.If you look closely this has been fitted with custom mounts from new so as to to run the hydraulic hose through.

There is a thingy out there which allows you to run cable straight to a v brake noodle, but TBH mounting v brakes would be sacrilege on this

maguras just use regular bosses, right? one could swap out the maguras for v-brakes on this frame?
Look closer ....closer...Fronts are ok but the rear maguras are custom brackets like on pace rc100's so unless you are gonna send it off to a builder for alterations and new paint I wouldn't bother.

Look closer ....closer...Fronts are ok but the rear maguras are custom brackets like on pace rc100's so unless you are gonna send it off to a builder for alterations and new paint I wouldn't bother.
oh yeah, I see that now! (I know nothing about maguras...) (I just have a phobia about hydraulics)

Sorry was looking on my phone so missed that! Magura's are great brakes, nothing to be scared about and period correct. Super cool to have specific Magura mounts too :cool:

Back