Dave Yates Vulcan

retrobate

Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Its like a tt bike ....... sloping top tube, down towards the headtube! Massive seat tube with a 5" head tube.....very bendy tall person?

Nice all the same.

maguras just use regular bosses, right? one could swap out the maguras for v-brakes on this frame?

Its like a tt bike ....... sloping top tube, down towards the headtube! Massive seat tube with a 5" head tube.....very bendy tall person?

Nice all the same.
yeah I thought this, until I looked at my 90s orange p7 21" (the largest size at the time) with its 5.5" head tube... nearly the same amount of bend, just a lot of seatpost showing...

maguras just use regular bosses, right? one could swap out the maguras for v-brakes on this frame?
Yep, these do use regular bosses. The issue you have though is lack of cable stops for the rear brake.If you look closely this has been fitted with custom mounts from new so as to to run the hydraulic hose through.

There is a thingy out there which allows you to run cable straight to a v brake noodle, but TBH mounting v brakes would be sacrilege on this!

Back