Dave Yates Diablo.. finally!

Lovely looking bike and I think the stem looks good too. Would be cool to get a high rise Dave yates stem like Brant Richards had on his Pace.

I believe the paint scheme was called 'blow job.' Paint was dropped onto the tubes and then blown up or down it with a straw.

Nice work Russell - I'm about to put RC30s on mine (as the Manitou's just ain't 'bulldog' enough).

Any chance you could knock me up a roller pulley too??

good job russell....you will enjoy it im sure... :cool:

When my frame arrived it the roller was broken and seized too, i ended up using a roller from a surplus roller cam brake... :oops:

Cheers chaps.

You're right Rod, a bike like this supposedly ticks all the boxes... designed in the UK, nice steel tubing, fillet brazed by a man in a shed up North and finished off with a 'wacky' paintjob but they don't seem to get the praise they deserve.

Mynchiboy, drop me a PM if you do get rid of the lower rise Tioga stem, I'd like to try it.

For those of you that want rollers, drop me your addresses and I'll send them when I get time to make some more. I'll make them to the same dimensions as mine and hope that Yates quality control was consistent. Let me know if you want brass or aluminium ;)

Oh, and I will get some better pics up.

Russell":1aeetup6 said:
You're right Rod, a bike like this supposedly ticks all the boxes... designed in the UK, nice steel tubing, fillet brazed by a man in a shed up North and finished off with a 'wacky' paintjob but they don't seem to get the praise they deserve.

That's pretty much what MBUK said in this article I posted a while back:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=143589

With your 'Yates, Daj's Roberts and my Salsa we have 3 out of 4 in that article - we should get them out together soon. :D

Latest posts

Back