Dave Russell - Back to Blue

Thanks mate, it is my pride and joy. Just had to start sub-letting a corner of it to my 14yo daughter who has become pretty proficient at silversmithing. Was a bit concerned about losing my safe space, but it is actually nice to have a bit of company out there.

Absolutely love your Dave Russell frame. Paint looks in better nick than mine. Where did you pick it up?

Mine doesn't look like it ever had a Reynolds sticker on it, so I'm in the dark about what the tubes are. Feels fairly lightweight though and assume it is something half-decent to complement the fairly nice components. Is that 631 on yours?
Nice to see everything organized & clean which helps provide a great working environment for builds like the one you have now which looks really nice 👍

It’s a 88 frame & the gentleman I got it off was using it as a commuter in London but had a back wheel stolen so decided to sell as a whole bike but I negotiated just the frame only. I intend to get the frame resprayed in a deep red & have similar decals to your added as this will be used next year when I relocate back to my adopted home in Cebu Philippines.

Nice to see everything organized & clean which helps provide a great working environment for builds like the one you have now which looks really nice 👍

It’s a 88 frame & the gentleman I got it off was using it as a commuter in London but had a back wheel stolen so decided to sell as a whole bike but I negotiated just the frame only. I intend to get the frame resprayed in a deep red & have similar decals to your added as this will be used next year when I relocate back to my adopted home in Cebu Philippines.
A loooong time ago I did a month backpacking around the Philippines. My vague memories of Cebu were a beach bar out in the sticks whose "thing" was some form of drinking challenge, which if you completed you got your name on a tiny brass plaque on the wall. That many people had done it that every single piece of available wall or ceiling real estate was covered in brass. Made for a bit of a sight, especially if you had just done the drinking challenge. They also used to keep a running tally of how many people of each nation had completed it. The Scandinavians were way out in the lead, followed by the UK, Dutch etc. I can still vividly remember seeing the bottom of the leaderboard though...

The Isle of Sheppey - 5
Iran - 1
Iraq - 1

🤣

Reactions: Nob
A loooong time ago I did a month backpacking around the Philippines. My vague memories of Cebu were a beach bar out in the sticks whose "thing" was some form of drinking challenge, which if you completed you got your name on a tiny brass plaque on the wall. That many people had done it that every single piece of available wall or ceiling real estate was covered in brass. Made for a bit of a sight, especially if you had just done the drinking challenge. They also used to keep a running tally of how many people of each nation had completed it. The Scandinavians were way out in the lead, followed by the UK, Dutch etc. I can still vividly remember seeing the bottom of the leaderboard though...

The Isle of Sheppey - 5
Iran - 1
Iraq - 1

🤣
I’ve lived in Cebu for 21yrs did 4yrs in Melbourne whilst my work was in Saudi so now having retired & not liking how the UK has deteriorated in my observations I’m happy to relocate back to Cebu. There’s personal reasons also but really enjoyed my time in Cebu.

Back