DAVE RUSSELL 531C competition/road frame SOLD

Free BTTT.....

Shaun

PS the Carlton Clubman was a nice frame, nicely made and above the Grand Prix and looked nice in red :). We had them hanging in our bike shop for about £40 back in 1978.

531 frames as team copies (falcon, Holdsworth, raleigh, carlton) sold for £60-£100 and most other frames made to measure started at about £130.

SBDU 753 panned out at £155 and imported Columbus nudged £200.

Scale that up today and that's a lot of money LOL

Think I paid £40 for my red frame from HO Smith in Doncaster.
I actually wanted a lime green one but they had sold out of them.

I built the whole bike for approx £140. :shock:

The bike of my dreams then was a Raleigh Time Trial special in 753 and a super cool bronze colour. seem to remember the rear wheel almost touched the seat tube it was so short and upright. Very ultra race fashion for those days . This Dave Russell is basically the same design but 10 years later.
Gee I feel old now!

maybe I should keep the DR?

Dean.

Interested .... Can you get 28mm tyres in there or is fag-paper time trial clearances only. I have a wish to ride paris roubaix one day and need a frame to hang my original 6400 tricolour groupset on.

HI
I dont have any 28 x 700's but I have just dropped it onto a 700x23 front and Tubular 700x23 on the rear to see what the clearances are like and its not a tourer but not quite fag paper clearances.
See what you think.

Attachments

• DSC_0179.jpg
    DSC_0179.jpg
    377.4 KB · Views: 1,102
  • DSC_0180.jpg
    DSC_0180.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 1,102
  • DSC_0181.jpg
    DSC_0181.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 1,102
  • DSC_0182.jpg
    DSC_0182.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 1,102
one other question which I should have asked ... is it silver or met grey? I'm not a big silver fan, but grey would make me come take a look. Clearances look ok thanks.

It's Poly Grigio (Grey) Check photos on Ellis briggs site as the sell frames in this colour.

Too dark for silver its a metallic grey. :cool: Not sure why I put silver in the advert. :roll: Same colour as my 08 SAAB .

The photo of the full frame sat on wheels gives you a good idea of shade.

Back