Dave Quinn 531c road bike - 56cm frame

JediPaddler

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I need to clear the fleet a little and raise sum funds for current project. So this one has to go.

Its a Dave Quinn 531c frame, I've had it since the mid 90s but i'm guessing its probably early 90s. Nicely lugged frame, would look great repainted or you could just use it as it is.

It has Shimano rx100 group set, with 105 headset. A year or so ago I fitted some very good ITM Europa bars and some RSX STI shifters, the shifting can be a little vague. I also changed the chain ring to a strong light 50T along with a wider cassette. I'm intending to include the original parts too, which have been retained (biopace chainring, cassette, downtube shifters, brake levers (hoods are minging) and some Mavic pedals). It had new BB, chain and cables too.

As for condition it has worked hard but has been hardly used for the last 18 years and just hung in the garage. So the frame is a little tatty but acceptable in its 80/90s shell suit colour scheme!

Given this is an old bike inspection is advised.

I have only seen one similar go on eBay and that was frame only. From memory that went for £100+. So I'm asking £150 collected from just outside Chester. I regularly work just outside Coventry so could meet up there too.

Any questions get in touch.

IMG_0664_zpsfegacfjt.jpg

IMG_0684_zpsgsismimf.jpg

IMG_0683_zpsglcwjhhm.jpg

IMG_0682_zpsfdz12ov6.jpg

IMG_0676_zpssx08hduh.jpg

IMG_0674_zpseih9lcws.jpg

IMG_0666_zps80cmrxe1.jpg

IMG_0691_zpsubwvt2tn.jpg

IMG_0695_zpsbgcdeacj.jpg

i never had a shell suit , but i do like this shame it wasnt listed last week when i was up in North Wales

Back