Dave Lloyd CATS (common as mook are these!)

Cheers, photos will be forthcoming! I've got enough parts to have it up & running so shouldn't be long to wait.

Matt

sinnerman":1aivcowy said:
If hand written on the top August 94, its been done by someone after the fact certainly.

This might well be where a lot of confusion has stemmed from online ref recent posts and Pm questions to be fair.

I have the same thing, it was released in late 90 for the 91 model year, and also coincides with the spec choices shown in the brochure, time line wise.

Its an innocent mistake to make, given its written by hand on the top, few would think to look closer.

Two things make me think it is slightly later than 90 / 91; first is that the CATS WISKAS demo bike has an early Hope cable back disc brake; I thought they were released in 91, also it is wearing RC35 forks, which I thought were released in 92. Of course both could be late prototype / early preproduction items.

While we are on the subject, have you any idea how many demo / review CATS WISKAS Dave made? And what happened to them?

NeilM":3vzpvnhx said:
sinnerman":3vzpvnhx said:
If hand written on the top August 94, its been done by someone after the fact certainly.

This might well be where a lot of confusion has stemmed from online ref recent posts and Pm questions to be fair.

I have the same thing, it was released in late 90 for the 91 model year, and also coincides with the spec choices shown in the brochure, time line wise.

Its an innocent mistake to make, given its written by hand on the top, few would think to look closer.

Two things make me think it is slightly later than 90 / 91; first is that the CATS WISKAS demo bike has an early Hope cable back disc brake; I thought they were released in 91, also it is wearing RC35 forks, which I thought were released in 92. Of course both could be late prototype / early preproduction items.

While we are on the subject, have you any idea how many demo / review CATS WISKAS Dave made? And what happened to them?

To be fair, I think it was intended for the 91 model year, I think if you look down the brochure it says (again handwritten) 92.
(they were of course printed in small batch runs too).

I suspect it might even have been handed to a customer/potential customer with the additional supplements also, it might even have been much later than 92 when this happened, hence the 94 markings. (but this of course is nothing more than supposition on my part).

Sadly we may never know. I was very excited to hear a 94 brochure had turned up, and was a little disappointed when I realised it wasn't.

It was the paint work I was interested in, especially the variations in the artwork of the later models.

Sadly I don't know what happened to the original bikes for sure. :oops: I wish I did I would be right on it, the Tushinghams have been a very interesting voyage so far, but I have one piece of that puzzle yet to fit.

But in real terms, I think its early days for this English revival, and im sure there is a lot to yet uncover, all we need is collective eyes, and with new members joining all the time, who knows what we might unearth and learn collectively. Look at your AC.... a perfect example, the Fronteria currently on the sale and marketplace threads, all part of the UK mtb scene long forgotten or worse overlooked, and even worse still UNDERVALUED.

sinnerman":24sqhuoz said:
all part of the UK mtb scene long forgotten or worse overlooked, and even worse still UNDERVALUED.

I couldn't have put it better myself.

Back