Dave Lloyd - BEEZ NEEZ

firedfromthecircus":3sw61cdv said:
Mini ninja rob had it so you could check with him who he sold it to.
I'd just be interested to know if it will reappear again, built, or if it disappeared into a collection somewhere.

Matt, I agree, I have 390 forks on the silver CATS, and it could easily take another 30mm without it having any appreciable effect.

MiniNinjaRob":1rwj446s said:
FluffyChicken":1rwj446s said:
tintin40":1rwj446s said:
May 2012 - Wadsy’s Dave Lloyd Beez Neez gets my vote :cool:

You see it cannot be that good as it has long since been dismantled and gone to a new owner rebuilt and I think a new owner again after that.
It no longer exists.

Wadsy can't ride it as he is unable to, I bought it from him and sampled it's amazing ride but I have since passed it on to a UK bike collector as I didn't want to ride it into the ground - the paint job is so unusual and would probably never be replicated (especially as DL doesn't do bikes any more) and I didn't want to ruin it.

It's a lovely bike, it was an honour to own and ride it and it gets my vote every time. Everyone who has seen it has loved it - so light and very strong and an awesome paint finish.

My bold.

That aside looking forward to seeing how you get on with this one Neil. Always full of admiration for the folk on the site who take on the more complex projects.

NeilM":h717w8kg said:
Some of you may have spotted a post in the 'how much' section a week or so ago; I stumbled across it quite by chance (or was it fate), anyway, today a box (of sorts) arrived, and very well packed inside was a 1992 BEEZ NEEZ.

It needs some TLC, but that never puts me off... it makes me poor, but doesn't put me off.

So a couple of pictures to be going on with while I ponder colours and speak to Mark at Argos Cycles.

Sorry for being coy Gio, but this was the reason for my recent question.

DSC_0154_zps512948ea.jpg

DSC_0152_zpsbf441d7e.jpg

DSC_0150_zps8afef6ef.jpg

I go out for two minutes and look what happens. How on earth did I miss this :(

Good score Neil, perfect project for you I reckon. You'll do it proud!

What's that now, three Lloyd's?? :)

Can't wait to see what you do with it...

Giom6":2pxjw70l said:
What's that now, three Lloyd's?? :)

Can't wait to see what you do with it...

Erm, it might be around three ish. :oops:

In my head I am torn between a mid 90's build and another 2 x10. Both will work and are practical, but I know from the road tests at the time that the BEEZ is not a rufty tufty type, plus, I've already got a few of them.

Fired, thanks for that, I suspected it had gone to Germany, either way I doubt we'll see it again.

A lot depends on just how much work the frame will require, but all things being equal, this should be ready for autumn... the season of MUD. :twisted:

Re:

I got an estimate today for all the work. :shock:

I need a sit down and a cup of sweet tea.

Back