Damaged Saddle Question

Antwack

Retro Guru
I recently bought this damaged saddle which was delivered today.

Do I look at repairing this split or leave alone hoping it doesn’t get any worse?

F496DFD7-33E7-44FB-8694-87A453858504.jpeg

Oh, and another question, is the 93 moulded in the centre of the circle on the plastic the year of manufacture?

The rest of the seat isn't too bad so just wanted to ensure it doesn't spread although the bike will be seldom used. There's a local embroidery type repair shop that I thought may be able to patch it you see.

I recently bought this damaged saddle which was delivered today.

Do I look at repairing this split or leave alone hoping it doesn’t get any worse?

View attachment 664552
Hi @Antwack that’s an easy fix, send me a DM (via “start a conversation” and I’ll talk you through what I could do for you.

Hi @Antwack that’s an easy fix, send me a DM (via “start a conversation” and I’ll talk you through what I could do for you.
Thanks for the offer Peachy appreciate it but I wasn't looking for someone to repair it. It was a case of leave it and hope it doesn't get any worse or sew it?

Thanks for the offer Peachy appreciate it but I wasn't looking for someone to repair it. It was a case of leave it and hope it doesn't get any worse or sew it?
Ok, no worries. But if you leave it it’s likely to get worse, if you sew it, the thread will rip through the vinyl and it will be worse.
If you get it properly repaired it will look good and be usable for years 🤷🏻‍♂️

Back