Dalby & Pace

rc300

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Can let you in on a secret now

PACE cycles in Dalby forest CTC partnership.
PRESS RELEASE: PACE CYCLES AND CTC TO LAUNCH PREMIER BIKE CENTRE IN DALBY FOREST

Pace Cycles has teamed up with the Forest Commission to open a new and exciting trail centre in partnership with CTC, the UK’s largest cycling charity, in Dalby Forest, near Pickering, North Yorkshire.

The trail centre will be launched as Dalby Bike Barn and the aim is to make Dalby Forest a recreation and social ...hub for local, regional and national visitors building on its already strong reputation as World Cup venue and site of a Tour of Britain stage.

Dalby Bike Barn will provide a full cycle hire service in conjunction with a high quality retail experience supplying a range of bike brands and accessories. The CTC is also looking to make Dalby its flagship centre, where the organisation will deliver its top end training, guiding, coaching and education services.

The collaboration brings together one of the UK’s original and iconic mountain bike brands renowned for its high quality cycles and products and CTC, the UK’s largest cycling charity with over a century’s experience of promoting cycling – on or off the road.

Adrian Carter, Pace Managing Director, said;
“We’ve been developing our bikes in this forest for almost 25 years and in that time have seen Dalby progress into the World Class venue we see today. We intend to build upon that as we form a strong and unique partnership with CTC and Forestry Commission bringing together our collective strengths.

Dalby Bike Barn’s key objectives are to provide a focal point for the local cycling community, attract more tourists and keen road/mountain bikers into Dalby and once here deliver the very best courses and events, technical support and retail experience all in a warm and welcoming environment.”

Dan Cook, CTC Senior Off-road Officer, said;
“Dalby provides an ideal environment for each of the 29 different courses that CTC delivers, as well as a great base for community development. Partnering with Pace and Forestry Commission at Dalby Bike Barn means that we can inspire more people to cycle.”

Alan Eves, Forest Management Director, said;
“The high level of interest underlines the forest’s profile as a prime biking destination. We have sought to select partners who can help take forward cycling in Dalby, building on our reputation as a family biking centre offering world class facilities on and off the trail.”

That sounds fantastic but isn't there already exactly the same set up there already with Purple Mountain Bikes?

chrisv40":8ejh0zma said:
That sounds fantastic but isn't there already exactly the same set up there already with Purple Mountain Bikes?
Yup

Purple mountain have lost the tender for the bike hire and cafe.

The same co who run the Visitors Centre have got the tender for the cafe too, so no more truly home made produce to graze on at the end of a ride

Which means that Purple Mountain are completely out of Dalby after 6 years hard work

Same thing that happened at Glentress when The Hub Cafe lost it' tender and a big corporation took over in the new building

I believe there's an online petition to save Purple Mountain's Dalby business

Whilst I don't think that having Pace as the bike hire/events/etc is a bad thing I do believe that the cafe should remain independent of the VC and remain in the hands of Purple Mountain

The little cafe behind the bike shop that was great and better value than the over priced visitors center ?

I surprised they've not got a little cafe up at the bmx track bit.

The little cafe behind the bike shop that was great and better value than the over priced visitors center ?

I surprised they've not got a little cafe up at the bmx track bit.

i think it would be great if pace did a 25th anniversary bike with the old square tubing. in my opinion. i think they would sell out.
i also think it'd be great if they could hire out rc100's. so people could experience a real bike.
but i know these 2 ideas would never come to fruition.
but i would certainly love to ride my rc100 round dalby forest.
and i'd like to meet adrian carter and shake his hand for making such cool bikes. i am of course talking about the square tube bikes.
i have never really taken to the new pace bikes.

Think it's Duncan's hand you want to shake re your Pace. Is it a coincidence that Pace stopped making forks and proper frames after he left/was booted out/got bought out?

Back