D-O-G-S-B-O-L-X 1" forks with disc mounts

Did anyone here get it?

£146 :shock:

I wish I'd put a bid on it, but I was out riding mine when the auction finished.

Too cheap, someone got an amazing bargain.

I was second highest bidder - bailed out - thinking it was going to go silly :facepalm:

- Never mind - it would of gone much higher had I stayed with it. :D

Looks like the seller thought it was worth more then refused to sell..bad show

Negative feedback rating seller decided after auction frame is not for sale , AVOID AVOID SCAM Buyer:

Member ID cronossima ( Feedback score of 70Blue star icon for Feedback score between 50 to 99)
11-Feb-13 11:14
Mountain bike frame and forks only (Chas Roberts D.O.G.S.B.O.L.X) (#251223883667) £146.00 View Item

If the buyer had not paid for the frame, then the seller was within his rights not to sell.

If I was the buyer I would be seriously pi$$ed, but the seller did have a point, as that frame should have been at least another £100, if not more.

So, seconds out, round 2, watch for a relisting.

NeilM":w3lo9frc said:
If the buyer had not paid for the frame, then the seller was within his rights not to sell.

Utter bullsh*t the seller has just committed breach of contract.

If the seller wanted to guarantee a price he should have used a reserve.

If you look at the time scale, the auction finished at 3 pm ish on the 10th and the buyer left feedback at 11 am ish the next morning

The seller is at fault and as mentioned if he had a price in mind should have put a reserve on it

secret_squirrel":t7xtkxfe said:
NeilM":t7xtkxfe said:

Utter bullsh*t the seller has just committed breach of contract.

If the seller wanted to guarantee a price he should have used a reserve.

I'm not quite sure why you feel the need to be so rude, but I'm afraid until the seller accepts payment, then no contract (implied or actual) exists.

"When the consumer offers to purchase the goods or services, legally the seller is not obliged to accept their offer. The contract is only made and begins once the seller has accepted the offer of purchase. This also applies when the roles are reversed and the seller makes an offer to the buyer – in this case, the contract begins once the buyer accepts the offer."

I agree that the seller should have set a reserve or a higher starting price, and I agree that the seller is breaking ebays T&C's, but as the buyer has already found out (probably from ebay), all he can do is leave negative feedback.

I know all of this, as I have recently been in exactly the same situation, and I had already paid for the item.

Back