Cycling on footpaths

Anthony":24eukqn3 said:
The CTC takes a lot of subscriptions from mountain bikers, but as far as I can see it does little to protect their interests, and just about nothing about rights of way.

Perhaps if we were 'roadies' on their cyclo x bikes they would ?

Try riding on footpaths in the Mid-Wales countryside ! Be prepared to be punched........seriously, they really go mental. Lived there many many years and even did a survey of bridal ways etc with council permission. Met mostly hostile responses. And that was on Bridleways, dare ye cycle on a footpath :twisted:

**** the rules, ill ride when and were, within reason i like. i i get btaken to court, so be it :roll:

the country has more issues to deal with than telling me off, fair play if its private land with roaming animals etc, but footpaths etc, if a pushchair etc can, so can i ;)

lol

Used to go greenlaning on my motorbike but gave up due to all the green lanes being closed because of muppets in 4x4's (sorry lads) who think its great fun to churn up the track as much as possible, even better if they get stuck and have to tow and/or winch themselves out. ****S used to love the Ridgeway :cry:

Anyway towards the last year or so we started using bridlepaths, in one whole year of going almost every weekend and doing a route that was about 40 miles we didn't see one horserider! Speaking to a friend about it she said that alot of riders wont use bridlepaths as they have to spend longer cleaning the horse than if they just rode on the roads.

In my experience as long as you're not causing any damage and you respect other track users by slowing down or even stopping nobody minds.

Three cheers for Scottish outdoor access legislation :cool: :cool: :cool:

Thankfully a very remote issue north of The Wall :D

Nick C":1ki4dtda said:
Here you go, a nice petition to sign...

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/3508

Done it...
2sgn082goodpost.gif

Signed, cheers.

Was out with Kiran a while back and she was still new to bikes, when I suggested we couldn't go down a certain path because it was a footpath she was totally confused and thought she'd never heard such a load of bollocks! :LOL:

Signed as well. Would love some proper trails in Norfolk as only got Brandon with proper trails that I'm aware of.

Back