Cycling Drum and Bass Party

Aye, & I enjoy hearing the odd snippet of old tunes I like in the mix. He has a twin deck thing I don't understand which doesn't play vinyl. After a career in tech I'm slowly evolving into a luddite.

I initially assumed it was a twin deck CD mixer. Then I realised CDs would probably skip every time he went over a bump in the road. And I don't think I ever saw him change a CD. Maybe it's some kind of MP3 mixer that can slow down and speed up the tracks? It seems his biggest problem is reading the displays in bright daylight. Often you can see him placing his hand to shade the displays. Not sure why he didn't just construct some kind of sun shade from card or something.

Same beat over and over and over again, must be easy to mix.
I also noticed the sun being a problem.
Wonder if polarised sunglasses would help.

Get with the times folks!

He's running a pretty standard music file mixer, a smaller version of the classic 1s and 2s and smaller CDJ mixers. You plug in the memory stick/SD card, etc., find your tune, and use the small circular pads the same way you would with 1210s.

And for anyone who says is must be easy to mix; give it go without any auto-adjustment ;)

Not really brainless, I was into the rave scene before Drum and Bass was created.
The new stuff has no feel to it. It's just the same boring beats over and over again.
I still have all my old tape packs from when I was a kid and sometimes have a listen.
Now that's what is real drum and bass.

Thanks, I will watch that later.
I remember when Carl Cox used to have his mate MC Magika as his MC.
Got a tape of Carl Cox's Birthday early 90's somewhere.
They say about having a stripper on stage :)

I think it was club Kinetic.

Back