Cycle shop auction

Re: Re:

M-Power":13pov0o8 said:
The sooner they find a cure for chronic cases of this the better. Always paranoid walking where there are large deer populations.

I've been struggling with it for the last 4 years. The GP's are a waste of time where I live. Luckily I managed to get lots of Antibiotics. I took a months worth in a week, then 3 weeks more at usual dosage and it seems to have worked although it kicked the living s**t out of me at the time. I've also got a sauna with FIR which I use 3 times a week which has also helped.
I pity anyone who gets bitten and doesn't get the right treatment straight away.

GP's near us are also useless- we had to take a leaflet from the waiting room to the GP he was seeing because the doctor did not believe that it was a serious problem! Luckily he was a member of the armed forces and they have been brilliant.
Sauna's work for you?- never thought of that- will try him with that treatment. What is FIR?
It is very upsetting to see someone who was so fit, healthy and energetic reduced to (not every day, just when it flares up) having to lie down after climbing one flight of stairs and at times when the pain in his joints get so bad- he becomes such a grumpy so and so.
All the best to you

Helen13":oar3jmb6 said:
GP's near us are also useless- we had to take a leaflet from the waiting room to the GP he was seeing because the doctor did not believe that it was a serious problem! Luckily he was a member of the armed forces and they have been brilliant.
Sauna's work for you?- never thought of that- will try him with that treatment. What is FIR?
It is very upsetting to see someone who was so fit, healthy and energetic reduced to (not every day, just when it flares up) having to lie down after climbing one flight of stairs and at times when the pain in his joints get so bad- he becomes such a grumpy so and so.
All the best to you

Its a horrible, horrible thing to have. I basically ended up treating myself as the NHS don't think that its a problem. Luckily someone I know was an ex GP and gets me some antibiotics whenever I need them. I tried different lengths of taking tablets and varying them so as not to build up too much of an immunity. The really heavy dose has worked like I say. I also tried Manuka Honey with added bee venom and that helped too.
I'd read about sauna treatment in the US as they think that the bacteria can't survive when the body's temperature is over 40 degrees. I started to have really hot baths at night, so hot that you can feel the blood pumping from your heart, and that helped so I took the plunge and bought a sauna. Its like a pop up kids tent and doesn't look great but seems to work I paid £300 a Firzone Tourmalet which has better heater panels than the cheaper one. The FIR is far infrared rays which supposedly are absorbed by the body and help clean up your system.
I hope that he gets sorted. Sadly I don't think you can ever be free of it entirely but it is manageable when you get on top of it.

Amazing the difference in attitude over here (Sweden) got bitten 6 or 7 years ago and noticed a sort of reddish patch around the bite mark (didn't know what'd bitten me at the time, as it'd been knocked off by then) rang the local equivalent of the NHS helpline and they basically told me to go directly to my GP, do not pass go, do not collect £200.

Had a call from my GP half an hour later asking where i was (it's an hours drive from work to the GP) as the helpline people had already contacted him to make sure he had all the requisite medication, staff and suchlike available.

So i got a TBE shot (tick borne encephalitis) and antibiotics within 20 minutes of getting there with a detailed breakdown of how many pills to take and at what timing. Plus the Nurse had taken some blood for testing and had good clean out of the wound. (Quite often leave head and mouth parts in there if they get knocked off.)

Now the whole family gets a regular reminder for the TBE boosters as we are considered "at risk" as we live in the forest and do lots of outdoor activities.

Stark contrast to the attitude in the UK. :(

Good luck with the sale, and more importantly the treatment and recovery.

Back