Custom Titanium Child's Tricycle (R&E Cycles Seattle)

My 2-year old would love this! As for value, I really can’t even guess. I mean, we pay £300+ in the UK for a top quality 12” wheeled kids bike with belt drive etc (see Earlyrider).

It's got to be more than a specialized carbon balance bike, they're £999 new, but as yours is a one off, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay.

I've seen a £2k carbon fibre balance bike for sale...
I'm sure Waltly will sort out a custom geometry trike frame for less than £500 for you.

I'm shocked at how much semi-decent kids bikes cost to buy here. Since I've got 3 weans, the rules are that they can have whatever they want, as long as they build them up themselves from used parts, with some help from dad.

My 2-year old would love this! As for value, I really can’t even guess. I mean, we pay £300+ in the UK for a top quality 12” wheeled kids bike with belt drive etc (see Earlyrider).
To be fair, a 2year old wouldn't mind if it was a plastic thing from Argos, but Dad on the other hand, would love it!

To be fair, a 2year old wouldn't mind if it was a plastic thing from Argos, but Dad on the other hand, would love it!
Agreed!
I was trying to remember who was selling the carbon balance bikes. Having seen my boys use and abuse theirs, I would suggest that titanium would always have been the better material.

Possibly the most expensive kids tricycle ever made....I had this custom made by R&E in Seattle

looks like the litespeed one... https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/litespeed-titanium-tricycle.319166/
JGH_2112.jpg

then there is a ti vanilla too which is an one-off.
108407039_807a4517b7_k.jpg

Last edited:
Back