Custom frame and fork - but what paint?

Re: Re:

Uncle Monty":1qfnfnmb said:
Just out of interest, did you consider Daniel Merenyi?
Merenyi are very nice indeed but at three times the price of an Orlowski with the same tubing the decision which way to go was made for me.

CTK":1qfnfnmb said:
Could have a single colour and the graphics as the contrast?
If you can overlook the rims and just focus on the frame (not easy) then I'm liking the below albeit the one I'm getting is fillet brazed..

Attachments

• 20100622108.jpg
    20100622108.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 934
Re:

Yes I like the above & I think if you are having those wraparound graphics a single colour would be best. Dark red or pink or frankly any nice colour would look great with those graphics!

Re:

Decisions, decisions... don't think I could cope. I'd want to see it in the flesh and just choose one. That's me tho'. Very impatient and detest shopping. Hope you're enjoying the experience. I wouldn't do the blue orange. JF Wilson, a local builder to me do met navy and orange as their core colour and it doesn't work (for me), so by default I'd choose your alternative. Single colour plus down & seat tube panels and matching head tube will look classy. Forget chrome, it adds weight and is a bugger to keep.
Just my opinions, follow the path of your heart

I finally plumped for a purple/yellow combo inspired by the Raleigh Hustler my mum got me in the local department store's Blue X sale when I was 10 (my only previous brand new bike). Today I received this photo with delivery imminent (the wheels are just a mock up, it's got track ends).

The purple is a lighter and pinker shade that I imagined although it is exactly the colour I specified. The yellow is spot on though. My inner 10 year old is getting excited, especially as a shed audit today revealed that i've got the bits for an initial lash up......

Attachments

• EdEdwards 002.jpg
    EdEdwards 002.jpg
    838.1 KB · Views: 881
I had a Raleigh Hustler.
Really hated that bike, I desperately wanted a 5 speed with a derailleur :(
40 years later and I still haven't quite got over it :LOL:

Glad someone liked theirs.

Attachments

• Hustler.jpg
    Hustler.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 858
You never forget the first time (or is it "you never get over the first time"?).

Anyway, picked up the frame today from the Post Office. Sadly I was on the way to the station and it was very well packed so it's something to look forward to when I get home tomorrow evening before attempting to lash it together on Saturday.

Unpacked last Saturday, built up over the week, finished yesterday afternoon.....

Guess it needs it's own thread in Readers Wives

Attachments

• P9270247.JPG
    P9270247.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 807
Back