Creaking Orange X1 frame.

RTSclassic":25e7gdyb said:
Creative :LOL: love it! I take it brute force and ignorance will suffice? Did you replace your rubber?

I don't have any rubber on mine, just some cream coloured plastic? I'll try and take a photo in a moment.

Images. Sorry for quality - phone camera and frame is next up on the resoration list :roll:

Attachments

• SP_A0617.jpg
    SP_A0617.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 979
  • SP_A0619.jpg
    SP_A0619.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 979
Thanks for the pics the rubber seals were what I was referring to I will strip mine down and see how I get on with the creak. I'm sure you will all have trouble sleeping until you know I have cured it :LOL: so I will let you know how I get on.

Grease/rebuild the pivot.
Tighten Cranks.
check again for cracks.
Cod liver oil tablets for my knees

Any other suggestions please let me know

Thanks again guys.

pedals, check the cage bolts first and then inside the axle, or just stick another set of pedals on to see if the noise goes away. Cables rubbing, unlikely I guess if you have not recently replaced or shortened them but worth a look.

Don't just tighten cranks, remove them and clean taper on crank and bottom bracket. Don't use grease when you reassemble.

RESULT :LOL: Thanks guys I was so sure the noise was coming from the front end of the bike, bizarre! Any way removed suspension pivot cleaned and greased and tightened everything back up, removed pedals same again, then tightened cranks (as I couldn't find my crank puller to remove and clean.)

End result she's happy again, that said I have only took her in to work (2miles) going home may be a different story!

Thanks again guys your help is much appreciated.

Mark.

Back