crankset Shimano STX Special Edition 42/34/24 like NEW SOLD

bicyclepartspl

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
Hello, for sale I have classic crankset Shimano STX Special Edition, very rare in such good condition.

Technical details:
- Brand: Shimano
- Group: STX Special Edition (STX SE)
- Model: FC-MC31-CH
- Length: 170 mm
- Bottom Bracket: Square Taper
- Chainrings: 42/34/24 teeth
- Fully disassemblable
- Weight (measured): 765 g (around 1.7 lbs)

Visual condition is excellent, it has a very few small scratches or signs of use - take a look at the pictures. Technical (operational) condition is also excellent, everything is almost like new, even the chainrings are barely touched - they will work with a new chain for sure. Square taper and threads are perfectly fine.

The price is 45 GBP + postage (or equivalent in EUR, USD or PLN). - SOLD!

Postage costs (letter - bubble envelope):
Europe 9 GBP (or less, ask)
North America, Africa 10 GBP
South America, Asia 12 GBP
Australia, Worldwide 16 GBP
Postage costs (parcel - cardboard box):
Europe 15 GBP (or less, ask)
North America, Africa 17 GBP
South America, Asia 19 GBP
Australia, Worldwide 22 GBP

The price is negotiable - send me your offer (each offer will be considered) through PM or email.
Dibs rule accepted, send me a PM afterwards.

I also have some other bicycle parts of different kind: newer, older, road, mountain, etc.
Do not hesitate to ask if you are interested!

I can combine shipping, for details please contact me.
I accept returns only when fault is on my side.
In case of any questions do not hesitate to ask, I will be glad to answer them!
You can get in touch with me by e-mail: bicycleparts_pl at gmail.com or mobile (less preferred): +48 728 311 156

Information for International Buyers:
I accept payments by PayPal (personal also), international bank transfer or international postal order.
For buyers outside of European Union:
Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges.
Please check with your country’s customs office to determine what these additional costs might be prior to bidding or buying.
These charges are the buyer’s responsibility and expense (provided that there will be any).

Attachments

• DSC06676.jpg
    DSC06676.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 1,331
  • DSC06679.jpg
    DSC06679.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 1,330
  • DSC06683.jpg
    DSC06683.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 1,331
  • DSC06684.jpg
    DSC06684.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 1,331
  • DSC06686.jpg
    DSC06686.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 1,332
Re: UNIQUE crankset Shimano STX Special Edition 42/34/24 lik

I think unique maybe the wrong word mate,as I have two of these chainsets :facepalm:

electronicaeric":17hw4ex1 said:
I think unique maybe the wrong word mate,as I have two of these chainsets :facepalm:
Not unique, but pretty rare.

Wasmachineman NL":1w9h1a93 said:
electronicaeric":1w9h1a93 said:
Not unique, but pretty rare.

I wouldn't say one of the most popular groupsets of the mid 90's is particularly rare!!! ;-)

I have 2, with the Chromica outer chainring. I remember paying £49 for one of them new back in 95ish

Re: crankset Shimano STX Special Edition 42/34/24 like NEW r

Ok, thanks for the tips, I have considered your opinions and changed the description a bit.
When it comes to price, I have only changed it slightly, but the option to negotiate is still valid. And as it states, each offer will be considered. I can also lower the price even further if someone's brave enough (some people will call it stupid, but I have a very good feedback on other sites, with some effort from both sides I am able to prove it) to use PayPal pay as gift option.

Re: crankset Shimano STX Special Edition 42/34/24 like NEW r

this is for sale????
If it is for sale I'm interested to buy it!
if not I'd like your help to find it somewhere, because I have exactly the same order and just yesterday I had an accident, hit a taxi and bend the left arm ...
thanks a lot from Athens-Greece

Re:

I am looking for a new STX chainset/cassette/chain (or info on suitable replacements)

Bent the smallest ring and broke the chain yesterday, and after a brief look around realise that I am COMPLETELY out of my depth! I have previously done my own maintenance to the level or trueing wheels and cleaning/reassembling wheel bearing, but am totally lost here!

The bike is a Marin Nail Trail, Shimano STX components, and all parts are original, and hence the drive components are very worn, and I would need to change it all. Loath to get new shifter unless absolutely necessary, but assume that a new chain needs a new chainring and cassette...

Any info much appreciated.

Edit: I have one now thanks...

Back