Crank Brothers 5050

just dug the yellow set i had they aint dmr's they cheap vp's so imitation still run well though oh decisions decisions what pedal to get and what not i do like the bling look of the crank bros ones, but as people have said dmr reliable and been round a long time.

Wold Ranger aint seen the dmr v12 ti you on about according to dmr website its buy the 12's or the mag 12's and then add ti axle yourself is that what you was on about or have you got link to place selling ready assembled.

Owen":2i88pey6 said:
I know about 4 or 5 people that bought 50/50s when they were first released and they've all stopped using them now... think that says it all! :?

If you want bling new flats pay the money and go for Burgtecs... best things I've ever put my feet on. Easton flatboys are a more reasonably priced good option. Otherwise just stick with DMRs.

i've got a pair of used burgtecs if anyones interested :roll:

Oooh Burgtecs Droool, probably gonna be more than I can afford but how much matey?, they the penthouse flats?.

From what I've heard on a certain downhill bike forum most people say the 5050's are poo. Most people seem to stick with DMR's, the easton ones as mentioned earlier and if they've got the cash the burgtecs for the ultimate flats.

From D/hill myself and I have those very pedals in that colour, they are smooth and look top quality, not too heavy but unfortunately slippier than than a greased pig. Get those awful pins removed and 72 x st.st. grub screws fitted and your talking grip. Still depends on your sole just how much grip you'll get though. I used a silver set of DMR V8 for 2 years and they were tremendous and don't look too modern on an older bike. Not tried the 50/50's on my hardtail since getting SPD's but worth having a set just in case you need them. They are quite a big pedal, worth bearing in mind maybe. :)

computerbitz":83rkcx9k said:
Wold Ranger aint seen the dmr v12 ti you on about according to dmr website its buy the 12's or the mag 12's and then add ti axle yourself is that what you was on about or have you got link to place selling ready assembled.
My local bike shop had some all Ti jobs, a year or two back, not just axles!! think they were about £175 though. A limited edition anniversary run by DMR. Rare as hell now I would think! I bought some, then sold when I was short of cash, wish I hadn't. The bodies were slimmer too, but the same gr8 shape.
DMR 12s are gr8 though.

Yeah seen the V12's around and dont know what i going to do yet i just compiling a shopping list of parts have read mixed reviews on the crank bros stuff but mainly the bad reviews are from when used for downhill, as i wont be using them for that it wont matter will probably just get whats the best bargain at the time.

Back