Cracked? Really????????

Re: Re:

2manyoranges":3c882u60 said:

Best one I have experienced (other than a friend who came back to his bike to find someone cutting through the TT and the thief saying F off it’s my bike now....!!) was Jo Burt, who had the drops and shifters allen-key-lifted from his bike, only to be helping Russell in his shop the next day, and having a guy come in with said cable-dangling set up and trying to sell it to him....that was ‘interesting’ to say the least. On that occasion the police WERE interested.

and - sadly - in this politically correct/upside-down world ... if one was to 'throttle' the thief who is unwittingly trying to sell said goods back to the original owner ... then it is the throttler, rather than the throttlee, who would get into trouble ... !!

To me looks like someones has gone to town with a replacating saw,
which are carried in rucksacks by bike bandits...
Like what's already been said very strange place for failure.

Re:

Looks like a crack to me.

Without asking the obvious, why wouldn't someone with an angle grinder simply cut through the lock, rather than through the frame?

Frame takes ~3 seconds.
Lock takes ~90 seconds.
80% of the value in anything remotely high end is in the components.
They are also harder to identify and track. (no frame numbers on a groupset, most people don't know the serial numbers of their high end wheels.)

And so on.

Back