Wanted Cracked hope hub(s)

Here's one.

Brace yourself.....

How about salt and pepper shakers ? I drink coffee a fair bit, but i dont have a fancy machine and a tamper would be no good to me.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Here's one.

Brace yourself.....

How about salt and pepper shakers ? I drink coffee a fair bit, but i dont have a fancy machine and a tamper would be no good to me.
I found that 6 bolt disc hubs were pretty easily converted to salt and pepper shakers, I made these ones from some Zipp hubs about 5 years ago. Jason Rourke bought them for his dad Brian as a Christmas present! #CSB

Attachments

• B0D8529F-9DA4-43A7-B4FA-8D01FFB66371.jpeg
    B0D8529F-9DA4-43A7-B4FA-8D01FFB66371.jpeg
    193.6 KB · Views: 13
  • CFF8AC28-3459-475B-BE55-6F566946FE67.jpeg
    CFF8AC28-3459-475B-BE55-6F566946FE67.jpeg
    254 KB · Views: 13
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Interesting shaker holes attachment. A good idea. Love the disc mount bolts touch. Top marks :D

I was looking for something like a shaker hole plug at one end, machined to fit into the bearing slot, and at the other a second machined plug, with a central filling hole and plastic plug. I also considered that grinding down the flanges completely and re-anodizing it as the flanges are more problematic sticking out as they do.

Interesting shaker holes attachment. A good idea. Love the disc mount bolts touch. Top marks :D

I was looking for something like a shaker hole plug at one end, machined to fit into the bearing slot, and at the other a second machined plug, with a central filling hole and plastic plug. I also considered that grinding down the flanges completely and re-anodizing it as the flanges are more problematic sticking out as they do.
I've done a couple like you have described in the past, struggling to find pics though. Machined aluminium inserts pressed into the bearing bores of the hubs. I made sure I had mine anodised (Silver for salt/Black for pepper) to ensure no corrosion!

Spotted this thread after I decided to turn a few spare hubs into coffee tampers for mates. Made a few now and managed to find loads of old, damaged or simply outdated hubs online.

Just wanted to share!

Attachments

• 21C06298-827E-4C72-A3D3-C3C7B0D4C064.jpeg
    21C06298-827E-4C72-A3D3-C3C7B0D4C064.jpeg
    180.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8883.jpeg
    IMG_8883.jpeg
    237.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8857.jpeg
    IMG_8857.jpeg
    786.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8034.jpeg
    IMG_8034.jpeg
    270 KB · Views: 9
Chris king sell there rejects as salt and pepper shakers…. Always wanted some for the kitchen, now you are giving me ideas

Back