Cove hummer info required

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I've broken my rule and bought instead of sold and now have in my possession what I believe to be a cove hummer.

Can anyone help with confirming the year? It's the one with the cool gusset between the head and down tube and a 26er.

There are faint outlines of the cove logo on the downtube. I'd like to get some proper decals for it, any ideas where from (and frame year would help.with this). Sods law I had some cove decals which I sold ages ago.

I'm hoping it fits me, intend to build it up with m970 but may just go 1x?

Would it fit larger wheels?

Seems to be in very good condition, minimal chain suck and cable rub.

Any info gratefully received, seat post size, tyre clearance, what it rides like, fork travel, things to watch for etc I know little about the cove brand.

Thanks

Attachments

• PSX_20220419_233807.jpg
    PSX_20220419_233807.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 21
Same gussets as my old one and that was 2007. First year they did them like that with that frame finish. I demoed the 2006 version for a few days and that had a shinier finish and older style of gusset. Any more pictures?

I think it's an 18 inch. On the cusp size wise for me I think, won't know for sure until I build it. I'll post up more pics later, it's got no decals, I contacted cove who can supply, just trying to decide if I prefer it as it is or if decals will add to its charm

Can't remember the seat post size. Am sure I had a 140mm Revelation on it. Takes up to 2.3's but I'm sure I had some chunky (for the time at least) Bontrager Jones ACX on there and it felt sluggish. Had Crossmarks on it before so maybe something in between. I am sure there had been mention of chainsuck issues on the previous version so I wrapped that area in cable ties so they would give first and be easily identifiable. I heard that someone had worn a hole in their chainstay. Loved it and wished I never sold it. Loved those headtube gussets myself. Much nicer than the older style plate wrap around thing.

I had a 2010 Lynskey version, i think yours is the earlier Litespeed is it not?

I have memories of a 30.0 post, though that may have been a different frame and not sure if both manufacturers used same size.

Beautiful riding frame, one of the best Ti frames i have ridden for comfort, only second to a snake stay Merlin, though with my version they had made the bb really high for clearance, not sure if the early ones are the same, kind of made sense but i never got on with it and was the main reason i sold mine.

I am 5,10 and i had the 18" and it never felt overly large.

I'm 5, 11 ish so hope it fits. Has a 27.2 post in it so thankfully a fairly standard size. It's in amazing condition minus the decals. I think you are right about it being a litespeed build frame, some net research suggests that anyway.

Not yet sure how I'm going to build it. I may go for a low maintenance rigid fork 1x10 (as I have some xtr, xt or zee in the stash, might go x0 as have some too). I've got an exotic carbon bolt through fork, or possibly some bounce via Sid's or rebas though I've nothing over 120mm so hope that works out.

Some crossmax SLRs and carbon finishing kit should see the rest of the build out, brakes probably hope.

I was toying with trying to fit some larger wheels but not sure that's sensible, I've only got 29ers which I'm certain won't fit anyway so not even going to try.

Just need to decide rigid or bounce up front and hope it fits.

It's definitely the Litespeed version. Sorry I thought you were aware of that.

No apologies needed, I'm learning as I go about this one, got it on a whim without knowing a lot about it other than a ti cove frame.

Some more pics. Will be giving it a tidy up to remove some of the areas where there's been cable rub, but it's very tidy imho and should build up into a nice steed.

Attachments

• PSX_20220509_001901.jpg
    PSX_20220509_001901.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 15
  • PSX_20220509_001830.jpg
    PSX_20220509_001830.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 14
  • PSX_20220509_001844.jpg
    PSX_20220509_001844.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 14
Back