Cottingham

Super nice, what's that crimped tubing? And does it have hidden mudguard eyes brazed into the rear dropouts?

Me, I'd put Super Record on it.

Mark.

Disaster, bought a NOS nuovo record groupset but it does not fit. It is designed for short drop brakes and 120mm rear dropout. Can anyone suggest a groupset on those dimensions please?

If you want to sell the brakes, brake levers and hood please PM me as I am looking to buy some.

Are the brakes you have too short or too long?

Spring the rear end a little and reduce the spacers a little to compensate. I'd have thought the rear end would have been 126mm anyway.

Sell your brakes and buy some Nuovo Record Piccolo.........job done :)

Shaun

oonaff

BITD we simply fitted 126mm rear hubs into a 120 rear end by gentle persuasion..... not sure where the later 130mm rear end was mentioned?

Cheers

Shaun

The fluted tubing is Columbus. Managed to get an olmo nos with all brand new campagnolo nuovo gran sport. Should be perfect. The shimano arabesque brakes were deep drop this frame needs shallow drop. Will post more pictures when it is finished. The gran sport wheels have tubular rims. Think I might change them for clinchers, any suggestion of classic looking clincher rims available?

Mavic ma2 look good if you want a genuine retro rim :) H plus son also do a retro looking new rim. I guess you want silver and not black.

shaun

Disaster, bought a NOS nuovo record groupset but it does not fit. It is designed for short drop brakes and 120mm rear dropout. Can anyone suggest a groupset on those dimensions please?
BITD we simply fitted 126mm rear hubs into a 120 rear end by gentle persuasion.....

To avoid the need for persuasion, all you need is the shorter Campag. axle designed for 120mm rear end, (and 5 or compact 6-block). AFAIK (someone speak up if you know this to be untrue) the axle is the only part of the hub that changed dimensions to accommodate wider rear ends like 126mm or 130mm? In all other respects (apart from a few axle-spacers.. glorified washers), a 120mm hub is identical to a 126mm hub. (edit: I guess the QR skewer may be a bit longer, too)
Or, cut down the existing axle to the correct length for the frame- Well, you know, you don't just take a hacksaw to it- there's a methodology... ;)

Back