Scott - Cool or Uncool

• Cool

Votes: 60 75.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 20 25.0%

• Total voters
Re: Re:

yakboy":1fjcjyje said:
I still have my 1992 Superlite which I bought from new. it was definitely cool BITD. I really wanted a Super Evolution like Mikee's...Well I now have the frame and am in the process of building my dream Scott (NOS AT2 bars, carbon Uni-shocks, Scott racing stem etc..watch this space)

Ooh, I like the sound of that! Didn't know they were made in carbon too!

PICTURES! :cool: :LOL:

Glad you got one Simon , mine needs a re-fresh I think
Pics please

Mike

Re:

Carbon and titanium no less. I haven't started building it yet as still a few part s short but will do a thread once I find the right saddle and shifters

Re: Re:

yakboy":2sghf239 said:
Carbon and titanium no less. I haven't started building it yet as still a few part s short but will do a thread once I find the right saddle and shifters

I hope it's not too long before you start as now you've got my attention i can't wait to see it :p ..

Re:

As I have been asked very nicely I'll post a couple of piccies of the parts so far. I am going to use the wheels and crankset from my Superlite (which was stripped of paint years ago and had parts upgraded as they broke). I still need a seatpost, saddle , rear mech and have to decide on what shifters I want to use. I have some of my original Dia-Compe Servowave levers to match to the scott Pederspn self energising brakes.

29842250250_e4f4aae30e_k.jpg

The frame has paint chips in the white and some of the grey metallic needs touching up.

29842260400_00dc3dd200_k.jpg

NOS Scott AT2 Bars. Scott Racing Stem. Unishock LF Titanium and Carbon Shocks and Scott Pederson Self energising brakes

Suggestions for suitable seatpost and saddle gratefully recieved

Scott branded saddle and post , failing that shimano post , and a flite

Frame looks in good condition , mines a bit , err careworn , or scratched if you like

Mike

Re:

Back in the days I would never even have looked at a Scott.....To much of a Spec fanboy :)

But somehow they ended up top of my list ahead of a stumpy ;) when looking for a new bike this year...

Back