Cook Cranks Chainring Color?

personally loving the all black. everyone's taste is different, just change when you fancy a change....win win!!
Thanks for the feedback all!

I like the above comment, they do look great in both variations, never was a fan of black on black cranksets before but the Cooks seem to suit it, gonna stick with Black/Black for now

Bit late, but with the black arms i would say the silver rings, if all black then i feel other parts need to be black, rims etc, otherwise it draws the eye to the crank. Personally out of all of them i actually prefer the silver arms with black rings, the frame is awesome polished and it is a shame to distract from that, but the silver polished arms seem to compliment it more than the black that contrasts, i would then have to put on a polished seatpost and stem keeping the few black touches, saddle, grips, brakes etc :) great bike whatever ends up on it though :cool:

Bit late, but with the black arms i would say the silver rings, if all black then i feel other parts need to be black, rims etc, otherwise it draws the eye to the crank. Personally out of all of them i actually prefer the silver arms with black rings, the frame is awesome polished and it is a shame to distract from that, but the silver polished arms seem to compliment it more than the black that contrasts, i would then have to put on a polished seatpost and stem keeping the few black touches, saddle, grips, brakes etc :) great bike whatever ends up on it though :cool:
Thanks MK one

A matching 110/74 set of early Race Face silver rings fell into my lap this weekend, might give em' a try

Think I'll stick with black arms unless the rattlecan finish doesn't stand up but you have a point, polished RSRs look mint also, can always go back...

Well the Race Face rings didn't suit very well to my eyes and I did have a change of heart and went back to silver.

I really like the symmetrical Sugino (silver) outer ring more then the Race face outer. Good exercise though. I thing with the chosen bike build silver rings suit better

Cannondale M800 93 07.jpg

Back