cook bros rsr purple cranks.

As far as the "dog bones" go:
RSR cranks, as shown, milled backs; one spider arm is in line with the crank arm. Need to use the chainring bolt in the wrong way round to do it up.
CBR, non milled (or "fluted") arm, the spider was in the conventional configuration.

The spider is located with a bolt and then hammer drive rivets. If you press the spider off, you'll either bend it trying to pull the rivets out, or you need to machine the rivets out to gracefully lift the spider off. Just then you can't replace it exactly until you re-machine and extract the redundant rivet portion. . .

I don't see how spider orientation would affect a purchace choice. Or removability, if its the right bolt circle, go for it. You'll never find a separate spider if you want to change the PCD. E-crank was the first with the proper interchangable spiders.

videojetman":3u0uzevy said:
i am overjoyed, i have just bought a pair of blue rsr cranks, they cost a pretty penny, but it was worth it.

i'm guessing it was the ones of german ebay that ended earlier this evening, crazy money :shock:

the very same, yes crazy money. i think i've gone a little O.C.D. over my bike now. but getting a set in this condition may never happen again. no regrets. my purple cooks are still for sale.

elite504":2m3r4ejj said:
As far as the "dog bones" go:
RSR cranks, as shown, milled backs; one spider arm is in line with the crank arm. Need to use the chainring bolt in the wrong way round to do it up.

How tight do you need to tighten that odd bolt? I ask because usually you would use a chainring nut wrench to tighten the bolt. However, I don't see getting one of those in there to tighten the bolt.

videojetman":amqf0e7e said:
an excellent pair of cook bros rsr cranks, in much saught after purple.
176mm length. 110mm bcd.
all threads and tapers are sound. except for some outer damage to outside of taper on non drive side. and does not affect the function of these cranks.
obvious signs of usage, but in sound and usable condition.
£150.00 posted.

Have u sold the purple cranks? thanks

Back