Wanted Continental GP 4 Season 700c tyres, ideally 28mm - sorted!

Fatal Swan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I'm on the lookout for a pair of Conti Grand Prix 4 Season tyres (or one if you only have one), ideally in 28mm but maybe 32mm too. Cheers!

I know this is going to sound bonkers but GP5000 are far better for wet riding once you get to the bigger sizes.

No punctures in using them 2 years i the wet now and far better grip.

Just fitted some 32c ones to a bike and they fly

Interesting, thanks for the insights! I'm definitely looking for wider than the 23s (thanks hamster for the offer) - currently using 32mm Panaracer T-Servs which seem tough, but feel really slow on the roads. And they are right at the limit of my brake clearance so I should probably go a bit smaller when I replace them. It looks like the GP5000s also come in 30mm so they might be ideal. Hmmm... 🤔

Another vote for GP5000s. Even did some light off road touring on mine without a single puncture. Very fast too!

This is a 32c GP5000 TR on a hunt 4 season rim. Measures 32mm. Next to it is the same tyre in a 25c

And my gravel bike with them fitted. They seriously roll as fast as smaller sizes and are so comfy. 73B4C4F8-BB2E-4999-A204-88CCAA840E61.jpeg FB29CB23-2F72-4FEA-A199-BF0686A7AEC8.jpeg

I work as a wheelbuilder (at DCR Wheels). We sell so many of these tyres to all sorts of people. Everyone loves them and we have to constantly restock.

Thanks everyone! I've now got hold of the tyres I was originally after (28mm 4 Seasons) but given the responses I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for a set of the GP5000s in 30mm.

Just got stock of these. The GP5000 AS (all season). Covers all bases, bit tougher but still fast. A pair will be going on my bike very soon. 20230210_123153.jpg

Back