Confession

Tallpaul":2hnnkeo2 said:
Well, i did the worst thing i can currently imagine i'm capable of doing. I knocked someone off their bike :(

Coming to a mini roundabout i slowed to check for anyone coming, didn't see anything so pulled on to it to turn right. BANG, guy goes across the bonnet and lands in front of the car. I was travelling at 5 - 10 mph so stopped without doing any further harm.

The poor bloke had a fairly cut up knee and was very shaken, the rear wheel of his bike was buckled.

Swapped details and i took him to his office. Now i feel like the lowest form of scum.

This post is not for sympathy, i'm not really sure what it's for :?

Soooooo, that's what insurance is for. YOU HAVE INSURANCE RIGHT? :?: :?: :p

Bet it happened so quick that neither of you knew what happened. That guy is lucky he did not live in California. He would end up taking you to the hospital for whiplash treatment, and taking out a loan to fix your car. Then he waits for a summons to civil court to account for the driver's pain and suffering, not to mention lost wages.

Years ago, just a youngster, I did the same thing in front of a school bus. Luckily the wrinkled old black woman, swerved, gave me the finger, and cussed me blue. I will never forget that. Had to pull over and sit for a while.

Whatever, last summer I pulled into a mini mall. Parked and went inside to my fav LBS. When I left, it had gotten dark, just before the evening lights were turned on. Some old babe stopped her car right in back of the passenger side, went to the cleaner, while leaving her daughter in the back seat, engine and lights off. I started my car in the dark, she was in my blind spot, and I tapped her front fender before I knew it was there. The daughter started screaming, the woman ran out and cussed me out left and right, and called the police. By then I was numb. The husband arrived, looked at the situation, and I thought I was really going to get it when low and behold, he came over and begged for forgivence. What a surprise. Well the police wrote her a ticket and off I went, but boy did I need a bender.

So this guy is a roadie? Motorcycle riders here usually don't live, so they don't count.

Don't feel so bad, it happens. Just learn from it. :idea:

Terry

Tallpaul":tqwgydc3 said:
He thinks he'll be back at work tomorrow so i'll get the bike from him and fix it up. Not sure what else i can do really :?

Fully pimp it up with a smattering of purple ano, XTR and maybe a disc drive!!!

In all seriousnous sounds like just an accident. At least your accident after care seems top notch!!! Obviously one of the good guys

Jim

well i had 2 near misses today 1 coming up to a junction old couple in a car got to the side of me then squeshed me over into the grass verge and the second clear road i pulled out of a junction turned left then a imediate right not ever 10 yards and a idiote in a audi soft top desided he or she could go round me WHEN I HAD MY BLOODY ARM OUT SIGNALING turning right. I drive a car some times why can they not be a bit Patient

Latest posts

Back