Cones /Axles - Campagnolo Gran Sport Hubs - Sorry another Q.

I've just been rooting through my 'stash' and found a container with several old campag cones in it, front and rear, in servicable condition. I'm sure they'll fit GS hubs. Do you still need some?

Do I ever! That would be fantastic.

I basically have some NOS shells and some pretty beat up old shells with very good condition axle+cones. Not sure if they are the right size so something to compare them to would be good. Then the ability to set both up would be even better!

More than happy to buy them from you. Be great to even just have a point to start experimenting from to see what works. Not sure how you tell what size bearings cones are for though, I presume it matters. Either way I'd be happy to go buy whatever you have.

Or anything you need? If I do we could swap.

I've got a bunch of stuff lying around, but mainly for projects, sadly been having to sell nearly everything that isn't at least 90% earmarked to be used!

Re:

Just a heads up, the Wheels Manufacturing 9x26 cones from SJ Cycles will fit and spin smooth in Tipo front hubs. However they are wider so you'll need to loose the washer and make sure your axle really is 110 mm - mine was 107mm, so order a 9x26 axle if that is the case.

I'm currently road testing these cones and have a couple of hundred km on them. I'll report more fully with photos when I've got some more mileage.

Back