Condor 531/Campag MTB

I'm liking the look of the rear canti hanger...is that 4 curved tubes brazed up as a bridge?

I know what you mean about the enthusiasm for Kona etc...weird. This is a rare, small volume bike, so much more interesting than a factory built frame.

Personally, I don't like the paint much, but it's so spot on of that period. There were plenty of high end British custom builders (Condor, Chas Roberts, Argos, Dave Yates, Harry Quinn, Mercian, Bob Jackson, M.Steel, Dave Lloyd, Swinnerton, George Longstaff etc.) who were, and still are, better known for their road frames. When the volume production from Taiwan went upmarket, the UK custom steel mountainbike trade was the first to die. IMHO they should get as much credit and kudos as many of the US pioneers.

All the best,

Holy ancient thread resurrection :) I'm incredibly ashamed to say the bike hasnt been touched since I bought it :-(

Thinking the group might end up on my NOS Colnago Master MTB and give this a rebuild with some M73xx

Well the least you could do after 10+ years of anticipation is post some better photos 😁

I think even that photo I took is three and a half years old, but I found it and remembered this thread!

Holy ancient thread resurrection :) I'm incredibly ashamed to say the bike hasnt been touched since I bought it :-(

Thinking the group might end up on my NOS Colnago Master MTB and give this a rebuild with some M73xx
I bet Condor is the better bike.

Back