Completed Avro Lancaster model.

Re:

Hi
ME545 was indeed a 218 Sqdn Lanc,but shouldn't it have the Squadron code HA ?
Mike.
PS.Nice build :)

Re: Re:

dorset boy":3dufoxql said:
Hi ME545 was indeed a 218 Sqdn Lanc,but shouldn't it have the Squadron code HA ? Mike. PS.Nice build :)

Hi Mike, ''A'' & ''B'' flight used the codes ''HA'' & ''C'' flight used the codes ''XH''

I've worked closely with 218 squadron association to produce this accurate model.

Other 218 squadron ''A'' & ''B'' flight Wellington R1448 HA-L. - Blenheim T1996 HA-B. Fairy Battle L5235 HA-W, showing the codes HA which I've built.

welly002_zpscd260913.jpg

blennnn001_zpsb6d90e6c.jpg

battle001_zps6bd7701c.jpg

Needs some bullet holes poked in it with a hot pin. Then a test flight across the room.

(Obviously my models always looked crap and didn't last long)

fagin":1jaqvivu said:
Needs some bullet holes poked in it with a hot pin. Then a test flight across the room.
(Obviously my models always looked crap and didn't last long)
lol :LOL: I used to do the same :LOL: Remember when I was a kid banging a nail in my upper bedroom window sill and having fishing line run right to the bottom edge of the garden, then having two loops around the model, I would then allow the model to 'fly' at speed into a brick wall and smash to bits, then get the model glue out again, re-mend the model and do it all again, just bloody great stuff and cool :facepalm:

Mrs HM said you'd got a steady hand.

You must have the patience of a saint. I could never wait for bits to dry before stick them to my fingers trying to do the next assemblage. Nice work neighbour.

Now paint that fence. It's an eyesore.

The History Man":17zg6q1a said:
Now paint that fence. It's an eyesore.
I've done my side of the fence! Maybe you should look :cool:

Its painted in Bomber Command colours :LOL:

Some times my patience does snap though and think 'f*ck it' so leave the model alone for a week before I smash it up and I've smashed up the odd model in temper.

WOW :D Love it :D and such attention to detail makes my soul sing.

Used to work for an architects and in the office next door was a professional model makers :cool:
Its fantastic to watch and if you like detail as i do you can spend quite a while looking at it closely.

:shock: :shock: the price of architectural models.

Anti red dwarf :shock: here now, none of that.

Back