Commuters: how do you avoid creased clothes?

yes, as others said, most of the stuff you can leave at work.

Shoes and jacket, maybe trousers.
That leaves shirts and shreddies. A careful fold works, fold into a plastic bag and slide into backpack.
I look no ore crumpled than anybody else following this.

One other piece of advice is to check if its going to chuck it down, if so add in a pair of socks, theres nothing worse than wet feet.

My hubby commutes to work every day by bike and he carefully lays his suit trousers and shirt on a long towel then rolls them up like a Swiss roll, I've never seen him look creased and crumpled when I've met him at work, he does leave his shoes in the office though and only brings them home for the occasional polish.

Alison

Alison":3lyminy0 said:
My hubby commutes to work every day by bike and he carefully lays his suit trousers and shirt on a long towel then rolls them up like a Swiss roll, I've never seen him look creased and crumpled when I've met him at work, he does leave his shoes in the office though and only brings them home for the occasional polish.

Alison

This works for me too. Trousers and shirt (sometimes tie) folded carefully then rolled inside a towel. Shoes and jackets kept at work.

If you need extra space I occasionally use a camping towel instead of a proper one. I find them horrible feeling but they do the job.

Even with a normal towel I can get a laptop, iPad and 2 phones in a medium size rucksack. I have a Vaude one called an air something or other that has a small frame for keeping a breathing space between your back and the rucksack to keep the sweat down. It also has for a fittings for a camelbak bladder and hose - not that I use water on my 25min commute.

I have an Eagle Creek folder, which is superb, but ultimately, just folding well provides same results.

Definitely roll. Things that can get creased are the former in the middle (socks etc), fold the shirt in 3 (like in a shirt pack in the shops) then roll from the tails up to the collar. If you are really finicky add two rubber bands to hold it in place.

I use an Eagle Creek Pack It (as you mentioned in your first post) to take a shirt in each day. Trousers, shoes and toiletries stay at work (trousers go home for the weekend to get washed).

When I worked in that London, I kept 5 shirts at work and had them laundered and ironed then delivered to the office. It cost about £10 per week (again, as mentioned by an earlier poster).

Essentially, the advice is to minimise the amount you need to carry. I leave a lock at work so I don't have to carry that back and forth as well.

grahame":3tx64hom said:
I use an Eagle Creek Pack It (as you mentioned in your first post) to take a shirt in each day. Trousers, shoes and toiletries stay at work (trousers go home for the weekend to get washed).

When I worked in that London, I kept 5 shirts at work and had them laundered and ironed then delivered to the office. It cost about £10 per week (again, as mentioned by an earlier poster).

Essentially, the advice is to minimise the amount you need to carry. I leave a lock at work so I don't have to carry that back and forth as well.

Like the idea of keeping a lock at work as well, those D locks are rather heavy and add quite a bit to hubby's pannier.

Alison

Back