coloured cassettes and chains ?

cheers guys,
yea i realised that the cassette i was looking at only had coloured spacers and a spider, but thats what i was looking for,

pete, you say your cassette like jezs are goldtech ones, so how much do they go for ?

iwasgoodonce, cheers for your help much appreciated :LOL:

didnt jez have a gold chain on his aquafade ? where do you get those from ?

heathy, its probobly my computer but that link wont work.

cheers andy

The Gold KMC chains are only 9 & 10 spd, or so our catalogue at work tells me.

Andy B":20f726ff said:
The Gold KMC chains are only 9 & 10 spd, or so our catalogue at work tells me.

9 speed works fine on 8 speed cassette, it's using an 8 speed chain on a 9 speed cassette that won't work. I'm using a KMC 9spedd chain on my 8 speed goldtec cassette at the moment and all's well!

The goldtec cassettes were available many moons ago. From what I recall they were around the £200 mark and came with a refinishing promise from Goldtec so if they got worn they'd sort it out. Unfortunately they weren't as tough as they thought and loads were returned and refinished (we send back every one we sold BITD). They haven't done them for 10 years or so, so your only chance is ebay or here really. They are well suited to road bikes and garage queens, so Jez and myself are fine! :LOL: but anything more 'hardcore' will destroy them quickly. Basically they are the same as the ones Poshbikes are selling and we all know that Poshbikes don't sell things to guys who ride their bikes (read into that what you want)

If you want to go down the annodised spacer route then you could always get a standard HG70 cassette, split in and replace the spacers with annodised ones (I think ID do some) or get some standard alloy ones done yourself, or look for a TA, or a Tioga. But if you want blue then I can really recommend the Action tec (it's a bit pertol blue, but is lovely)

It could also be possible to use a marchisio cassette. Not 100% sure of the material but all spacers cogs are separate and available singularly.

kaiser":rb1k3488 said:
It could also be possible to use a marchisio cassette. Not 100% sure of the material but all spacers cogs are separate and available singularly.

They tend to be a scary lightweight steel :shock: but also do an alloy one.

Back