Colour me..

RickTheUncivil":3m4tejl7 said:
If you are keeping the white forks then i think the brushed / silver look is great. Swingarm in contrasting colour perhaps, and match the decals to the swingarm (as it is now)? How knackered are the yellow bits?

I really like the satin silver, just a shame when you get up close it is a mess. Perhaps all silver with white forks. Then I am so close to the pearlescent white of the forks I could do the frame to match and a flat black swingarm.

I want a minimum of downtime as I am enjoying this bike so much. I will wait for the worst of the winter weather and hopefully will get a 5 day turnaround on it, so should be back on the road in less than a fortnight.

I am sure inspiration will come in time :?

Re: Re:

JackN":1xpmakdw said:
Serendipity or what ? I've the same dilemma with the same bike. My Mount Vision is stripped down and the rebuild is stalled because of my indecision. I don't want to polish the frame so it's got to coloured. I was going to go all orange but then I thought that it would look too much like a Whyte or an Orange (both of which I'd love to own.) I then thought of a satin black frame with dark green (think newish Kawasaki) swing arm and forks. But inspired by my restored all white, alloy with yellow decals Muddy Fox Courier I will (probably) go with all white, black stem, bars levers, shifters etc (I already have these) and orange decals. This colour scheme gives a nod in the direction of KTM another motorbike manufacture that I like.

Do you have a build thread? If not why not ;) .

No build thread for the Fox, hadn't found this site until I was well into it. None yet for the MVision though I may take a few photographs and post them on here.
I'm in the process of buying parts of ebay et al . I've got XT cranks, clutch rear mech and V brakes. A pair of retro Mavic wheels on XT hubs, Thomson stem, Easton EA70 bars Marin seat post (which needs a reducer as it's only 27.5 mm and the frame is 30mm. I would like a Cane Creek or FSA Orbit MX headset but can't decide between the two (more indecision) I'll probably go for the Orbit since it's cheaper than the Cane Creek. I'm assembling the bike as a 1 x 10 (32 front x 11-36 rear) as this will cover 95% of my riding.

Re:

I think all white would look great, a bit like the newer Mount Vision's as below.

I do like the polished look but I stripped an old alloy hardtail where the lacquer was as you describe. It took ages with some wet and dry but the polishing was quite easy. Finish was not perfect but it did look good. If you go for the latter maybe get it stripped/dipped to save time.

I know this is a turner flux but raw with a white fork to give an idea. A silver/chrome powder coat would achieve a similar effect. not my bikes btw!

[img

or all white
[img[url=https://flic.kr/p/5fEUZK][/url

Re:

Thanks for the inspiration Dyson. The rear shock is 184mm eye to eye giving 4" of travel. The front fork is also set to 100mm of travel.

Back