'Colnago'

fleshtuxedo":19ys4g4v said:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gents-Retro-12-Speed-Colnago-Race-Road-Bike-Campagnolo-Group-set-/361196635142?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item5418ff4406

Disgraceful!

At the very bottom of the page which lists the advert, is an update as follows :

"The Bike is a Replica of a Colnago Frame but still a great looking bike with 100% Campagnolo components"

. . . Not quite 100%, the crankset is Sunrace.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
...not to mention the seatpost, headset, pedals and front hub.

I mentioned this discrepancy to him. He called me a prick.

It's rubbish that he's been pulled up for selling something that's not a Colnago as a Colnago without having to change the title of his listing to include a word such as "fake", "counterfeit" or "travesty". He doesn't even have to say anywhere what the frame actually is. Shabby.

fleshtuxedo":3gtp6vn1 said:
...not to mention the seatpost, headset, pedals and front hub.

I mentioned this discrepancy to him. He called me a prick.

It's rubbish that he's been pulled up for selling something that's not a Colnago as a Colnago without having to change the title of his listing to include a word such as "fake", "counterfeit" or "travesty". He doesn't even have to say anywhere what the frame actually is. Shabby.

It's very shabby indeed; be interesting to know, what the frame was originally.

Even if the new owner knows it as a fake, what about subsequent owners ? With the best will in the world, it is quite likely, that in the not too distant future, someone will buy it, believing it is a 'real' Colnago.

I reported it when I first saw it, going from past experience it won't be pulled though.

You might try reporting it to Colnago themselves, they are very tight on brand integrity, and originally deal with this sort of stuff on eBay on a regular basis.

If H Lloyd can get a few Reynolds 531 decals pulled because he bought limited 'rights' to the copyright, surely anyone can!

Latest posts

Back