Colnago without any chrome

Tamandua

Retro Guru
Hi

Has anyone ever come across a 70s -80s colnago frame without any chrome on the rear stays or fork ?

I know due to the huge demand at the time that frames were built to a high spec but with whatever was available at the time , but I have yet to see a colnago frame before the art decor series without a bit of chrome somewhere . A friend of mine has seen one with panto on the lugs and fork crown. He has offered to try and buy it for me ( photos pending) but he says it has no chrome but does not look resprayed, it has original decals including columbus . If it's a good price, is it worth a punt or is is likely a fake ?

Cheers

Thanks, I've seen a few like that too but this has none. I thought it may be a sport model but I've read that sports didn't have the ace of clubs cutout in the lugs, this definitely does ..

I cannot remember its model name. I paid a tenner for a very banged up bike a few years ago. It was my first retro bike project. I was not really sure what is was when a first got it.The original paint and decal had long gone.It had some top end campagnolo bits on it . Anyway research followed & and i found out i had an early Colnago . The cuts outs on the frame were clearly hand done. The frame set its self was very light.
I think i made a big mistake by selling it :facepalm:

Here is a link to the project.Sorry no before pictures.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/74418119@N ... 672968250/

Ps There was no sign of any chrome work on the frame was it got it.

Back