Colnago Super 1982 - SOLD

If...

Perhaps, Vulcan, but don't you see that if you had this bike, things might be different. Saronni didn't need an electric motor in his bottom bracket; he had a bike like this. Do you see?

You mean....if i bought this bike i too could become a semi part time maybe bit part demi [ish] deity thingy?....Ok....Can i pay you a 10% down payment and £1 a week for 765 week...so it would be fully mine in 14 years and 9 months...when i will be 70!....i don't look 55 as it stands!...Was it HR Morris?

Interest-free credit

Hmm, would have to check your proposed payment scheme with the CFO. Might be tricky. But I think you're beginning to understand the potential effects of this bike.

Ashamed to say I don't know who Morris is. The Morris Cup is the season-long evening time trial competition of the Cambridge (Town and County) Cycling Club. Maybe someone can enlighten me.

Re: Interest-free credit

nammonk":3tlx3vry said:
Hmm, would have to check your proposed payment scheme with the CFO. Might be tricky. But I think you're beginning to understand the potential effects of this bike.

Ashamed to say I don't know who Morris is. The Morris Cup is the season-long evening time trial competition of the Cambridge (Town and County) Cycling Club. Maybe someone can enlighten me.

Please check away...i submit myself to rigorous checking by the CFO...let them do their worst.

I believe it is called the Morris Shield but could be a name change.

Now to HR Morris...here is a few links to a true legend of frame building:

http://www.classiclightweights.co.uk/bu ... lders.html

http://www.classicrendezvous.com/Britis ... R_main.htm

http://www.cycleexif.com/h-r-morris-kevin-sayles

I met him once as he lived in Walthamstow London and i lived in Leytonstone [Hitchcock from there too]....when he retired he moved up to Cambridge and my guess the Morris Cup is named in his honour as he is considered one of the best British frame builders of all time.

It is plausible that HR Morris gave his name to the said Morris Shield....but we cannot ask HR Morris as he sadly died in 2010 at the age of 97....he was cycling up to the very end....wonderful!

Come on someone buy this beautiful bike....or the owner will be forced to accept a £1 a week from me for the next 14 years....give the man a break!

1982 Colnago Super

Wow, that's amazing! Can't believe no-one's bought it yet! Love how all the bits match the age of the frame almost perfectly. Fantastic build. Have a Christmas bump on me :)

Jake

Re: 1982 Colnago Super

monk56":109p0t3e said:
Wow, that's amazing! Can't believe no-one's bought it yet! Love how all the bits match the age of the frame almost perfectly. Fantastic build. Have a Christmas bump on me :)

Jake

Sadly...850 reasons....as the song goes....'money is too tight to mention'!

Leon

New Year Bump

New Year Bump.

Is nobody even going to make me an offer?

^^Jake = Son#3 btw, not me making spurious accounts to bump myself!

Nick

Re: New Year Bump

nammonk":2nq12xhl said:
New Year Bump.

Is nobody even going to make me an offer?

^^Jake = Son#3 btw, not me making spurious accounts to bump myself!

Nick

If you got an offer it might be insulting...i sold my 531SL but for way less than it should got.....look at as a sign.....either...keep the bike and use it...or sell it to Sawston_Vulcan for £1 per week....the former is in your best interests the latter is in mine!...but you do eventually get £850...hehe....Nick...a happy new year to you....keep and ride it and most importantly enjoy riding it!...Now begone!

Price drop bump

Price drop --- now £750, or £400 for the frame and forks.
I will have to split this soon; two new downhill bikes arrived this weekend... Open to offers still.

Nick

Back