Colnago Master Pista (1989)

Bisto_Boy

Dirt Disciple
Hi there,

Just joined the forum as I was looking for some assistance in confirming a few details regarding my Colnago singlespeed. From looking around on the tinterweb I believe Colnago did a Super Pista as well as a Master Pista. The guy I bought this from told be it is a 1989 Master Pista but if anyone can confirm or deny I'd really appreciate it (please, please, please don't tell me it's a dud) ;)

Also on the lookout for a 58/59cm Italian retro geared bike, just need to work out how to justify it to the minister for the interior....the N+1 argument isn't holding water anymore.

Photos of the Colnago - https://goo.gl/photos/aREkAsMp2yjj1tfo9

Current Bikes
Winter/Commuter - 2013 Genesis Equilibrium 20
Road Bike - 2003 Orbea Orca
Sunday Best - Colnago Pista

Cable routing through top tube? It seems a bit odd, but I know Mercian will put track ends on a road frame. It could have been converted at some point from road.

Best way to confirm is height of bottom bracket from the ground. Track bikes have more clearance.

Thanks Matt_wood55

measured the clearance against the clearance of my 94 Master and they were identical. I suspect you may be right that a previous owner has had the track-ends converted. I've decided during the winter months to revert to a more traditional feel so I've ditched the Cambium saddle in favour of a Rolls and I've just sourced some pedals and clips...I've also ditched the saddle bag (what was I thinking)...just waiting for some decent weather now to enjoy it.

Latest posts

Back