colnago master build

Nice lookind build , the tyre looks rather close to the down tube tho
i have just bought a master with the same issue & turns out the fork was slightly bent
all looked well & seemed to ride ok ,but when riding no handed it really pulled to the left , found some new forks thanks to
Retro di corsa , all is well now & rides as it should

Hi I have a Buckler Master here with exactly the same issue. You need to check measurement (A) in the diagram KGT posted with reference to your seat tube length (P) The Forks look bent to me exactly like mine. The (A) measurement on mine should have been 597mm but was 575.

Fantastic colour scheme .
I used to use deep section wheels as it made the frame look smaller.
Those forks must be from a track bike . No other reason for such a tight clearance. Good for riding in a team pursuit or behind a derny , but I wouldn't want the inevitable directness in a long bunch race . Good luck with the build .
Mike

so, stripped forks off to double check for damage and cannot find any signs of issue so after looking at some colnago pista details on the net I am coming to the conclusion that this has got some 'track' forks on it.

the bike is fairly twitchy but not unstable, can ride hands-off fine :)

may keep an eye out for another set of precisa forks for the future

regards - U.z.

I just hope there's no give in them mate , 'cos if the wheel touches the frame after some rough road it would be very nasty for you . How much space is there between the two ? Are you ok with smaller tyres too ? May help clearance .
Mike

They don't look Colnago pista forks if they are drilled
I would definitely look for some others
Did you check the measurement from the diagram kgt put up

Really nice frame tho , love those shallow campagnolo wheels & the stem is very very nice

Re: forks

Mmm, might have to start the search for some precisa forks then... :(

running 25mm tyres at moment and have got around 20mm clearence, so could shove some 23's on to help a little.

Thanks for all the info and comments - much appreciated :D

regards U.z.

Fantastic paint job and very nice build. The fork issue reminds me of a Halfords/Boardman Hybrid (can't remember which) I saw recently being ridden through Leeds. The fork was the wrong way round! I did a double-take and it definitely was because the disc brake was on the wrong side.

Hope you find some suitable forks to complete this great looking bike.

Mark.

Back