Coast 2 Coast hArdGay Off Road - Sat 25th/Sun26th September

I still have the guide book too if the routemaster is wanting a looksy

Up for that kaiser, easy for you to dump your car at mine and then cane it up the road, if rado and zz want to hook up or any other permutation that folks can think of?

Whatever, I'm last to the party and don't mind either way :) I can manage 2 bikes and bodies in the car.

I hate to be pedantic but you have the dates in the header wrong. 25th is a Saturday, same day as the Peaks. Sunday is,,, yes you guessed it, the 26th.

I must say it's a pretty bad show to be planning another event to attend instead of supporting another area's National event. Especially considering that you are hoping for a good foreign turnout in October too. I also remember Velo's little tantrum earlier in the year regarding the lack of cross border involvement. A little hypocritical no?

I know there isn't a 20 page thread on the Peaks Meet but there wasn't last year, yet there was a good 30+ turnout and it was considered a classic. It would be a real shame if you guys didn't venture down for it- especially after the poor MacRetro turnout at BDW!

Naughty naughty :x

Great that folks are organising these events but tbh I don't and won't feel obliged to turn up anywhere unless I really want to go and I expect nothing less of anyone else, the c2c appeals more and that's as simple as it gets. No disrespect to anyone just the truth.

Dr S":2a5spc6y said:
I must say it's a pretty bad show to be planning another event to attend instead of supporting another area's National event. Especially considering that you are hoping for a good foreign turnout in October too. I also remember Velo's little tantrum earlier in the year regarding the lack of cross border involvement. A little hypocritical no?

I know there isn't a 20 page thread on the Peaks Meet but there wasn't last year, yet there was a good 30+ turnout and it was considered a classic. It would be a real shame if you guys didn't venture down for it- especially after the poor MacRetro turnout at BDW!

Naughty naughty :x

It was with a heavy heart that I changed my mind about the Peaks, I was looking forward to it and you did a good job of selling it. It was just quite hard to let this one go by, I've thought about this one since the start of the thread and watched the Mr P and therealkw15 get accomodation and put a plan in action.

FWIW this was me and Gazz and not MacRetro and certainly not Velo. Who is off to join the NWA this weekend. As Gazz says I don't feel obliged to go, sure if someone had booked something or was counting on me it would be different but they haven't and they're not.

Fair points, but when there are 51 other weekends in the year to put on a ride I think it's a little bit rum. Especially as MacRetro really set the scene and pioneered the whole spirit of getting together, meeting new friends, organising rides etc.
As a fellow AEC I'm sure you can appreciate how difficult and frustrating it can be getting people out on rides, especially when you take all the planning and prep into consideration.

But that's cool, do your own thing, but I for one will miss you all in the Peaks on the 25th. I just think after the fuss that was made about Englanders not coming to Dunkeld that MacRetro has become a little insular. This isn't doing anything to dispell that feeling.

Well you can blame me and Gazz again, the guys that got the ball rolling on this one were probably never in contention for going, MrP probably has a 700 mile round trip and therealwk15 has about a 5000 mile round trip and several quarantine zones to pass through to get to the peaks.

Maybe next year a wee bit of planning wouldn't go amiss, but things work quite well on the ad hoc basis we had before and seem to be working again. Everyone feels part of the GT meet and is doing summat. Maybe we did have a petted lip a bit about the first national but the system was new and I think we both realise a wee bit flawed and thats what we'll build upon for next year. I'll take it on the chin though about being insular, one reason for going to the peaks was because we hadn't ventured south and as I said it was with a heavy heart. Personally if you had have been staying I'd probably have manned up and came down, as it was I was going to be in a B+B on me tod whilst theses guys would have been largin it in Ullapool.

Cheers Mr P, please confirm booking.

Dr S- hope to get to one of your events sometime, and indeed to see you in Scotland. The date for this one has evolved not to compete with the Peaks, but to the only time left in the year that me and Mr Panda could manage, and isn't even first choice for that- because of Saturday ferries and Sunday trains I'll be away overnight Fri, Sat, and Sun even though this is just 80 miles down the road- Gazz wasn't so far off!

As someone from Orkney: insular- that's a compliment isn't it? :D

Back