CNC'd brake lovliness Red Ciamillo SOLD

Re: CNC'd brake lovliness Red Ciamillo calipers

Hi Wold Ranger,

PM sent. I'll take them unless stevevw wants them.

Thanks,

David

David
You take them. I have an expensive day at Bespoked tomorrow.

If you have them hanging around with no home for them in the future, remember me and send me a message.

stevevw":1tpx1xik said:
David
You take them. I have an expensive day at Bespoked tomorrow.

Me and the better half dare not go, already spent our quota on custom bikes this year, have fun and let us know what was special? Repete? Colourbolt? Engineered? Swallow? Drool.

Re:

Some nice exotica there, not sure about all the disc brakes on road bikes theme though, something we don't need being "forced" upon us by the manufacturers again.
Particularly like the Wittson work.

I have to disagree about disc brakes. I love them and have been using them on my bespoked Paulus Quiros for the last 5 years. Built when discs on the road were not very common. Having said that I also love all my veteran a day classic bikes. Just glad I do not have to ride one every day no matter the weather. Steel rims, water and hard blocks are not fun.

stevevw":xs15wpmx said:
I have to disagree about disc brakes. I love them and have been using them on my bespoked Paulus Quiros for the last 5 years. Built when discs on the road were not very common. Having said that I also love all my veteran a day classic bikes. Just glad I do not have to ride one every day no matter the weather. Steel rims, water and hard blocks are not fun.

I have always found discs, very high maintenance, heavy and have a tendency to pull wheels out of true, as all the braking forces go through the spokes and the limited spoke count on road wheels is an issue. Limited contact tyre/road being the limiting factor, not the brakes ability to slow you down. It's different with Mtb's I know.
Maybe with Touring/utility/gravel I can see the appeal, but with lighter modern road bikes, where rim systems are pretty much perfected, I don't see any advantage. My two main riders are near to 6kg all up and stop pretty quickly in most conditions (I'm very light also at 130 pounds-which helps) Team Sky are not even considering them, having looked at what's available, it will be interesting to see how the trend unfolds over the coming seasons.

Back