Clearout - Campag, brakes, saddles, wheels, deraillers, bits

lae

Retro Guru
Welcome to my very own clearout thread (they're popular these days!) Price includes postage (or you can collect from Coventry at a discount). Please put a dibs in the thread and then send me a PM.

Brake levers (clockwise from top left)
dsc01283nt.jpg

Kore cross-tops (can only be used in addition to other levers, to give you an extra braking position on the tops of the bars - good around town/offroad), unused and in box, £15 SOLD
Weinmann non-aero, drilled, reasonable condition £8SOLD
DiaCompe MX101, good nick, for caliper brakes, £7
Shimano RSX aero, blueish tint, reasonable condition £5SOLD

Bars, grips and tape
dsc01284iu.jpg

Cinelli "Campione del Mondo 63", 38cm width, 26.4 clamp, very good condition - £15 STILL AVAILABLE
Savage BMX bars, a few scratches and scrapes - £8
Newbaum's cloth tape, purple, unused - £7
White grips - very used, £2 or free with any other item

Cinelli 1R stem with a dangerously deep groove worn into it from a headset - all fittings complete, head badge sold - please use this for spares only! £offers

Derailleurs
dsc01287ws.jpg

Mid 90s Shimano Sora rear mech - okay condition - £8SOLD
Shimano Deore triple touring front mech, late 80s/early 90s, band-on 28.6mm, good condition but some rust to the inner plate - £8SOLD
Shimano 105 double front mech, early 90s, clamp-on, okay condition - £8
Campagnolo Super Record front mech, good condition with surface rust to chromed parts, braze-on - £22

Drivetrain
dsc01288vt.jpg

42t Biopace chainring, fair amount of life left - £5
Cottered axle, £2 or free with any other item
SR non-driveside crank arm, 170mm, square taper, threads good, £3 or free with any other itemSOLD
Uniglide freehub body, 14-24 uniglide cassette - both in good condition (I will give the cassette a good scrub!) £8 each or £10 for both

Shifters
dsc01290zx.jpg

1980s Campagnolo downtube shifters, complete, okay condition (surface rust on chromed parts) - £10SOLD
Sturmey-Archer 3sp, 1950s, for spares/repair only as ratcheting spring has snapped - £2 or free with any other item

Miller dynamo light set - £20SOLD

MAFAC cantilevers, £45 posted SOLD

Campagnolo Record two-bolt seatpost 27.2 £30 posted SOLD

Brooks Professional S - £35 posted SOLD

Turbo saddle - £25 posted
dsc00014io.jpg

dsc00015tg.jpg

Very dark brown suede, in good condition with a little wear/very minor scuffs and no rips. The 'turbo' logo has nearly worn off the nose. The suede is a bit 'flat' in places and could do with a clean. This is an original 1980s version with the 'world champion' stripes on the sides.

Shimano 105 brakes - £20 posted
dsc00010jh.jpg

dsc00011vo.jpg

39-49mm drop, dual pivot, recessed nut fitting, reasonably good condition with some slight surface rust to steel bits and a few scuffs. Come with good Modolo pads.

Campagnolo Record hubs laced to MA2/unknown 700c rim - £85 posted or £70 collected
dsc01330vy.jpg

dsc01331o.jpg

dsc01334ex.jpg

dsc01335jb.jpg

dsc01338ak.jpg

dsc01336vk.jpg

I bought these a while ago, cleaned 'em, greased 'em, new ball-bearings etc... and never used them. I've sold the bike that they were going to go on so they're up for sale. All-round condition is good - some surface rust on the skewers. Rear hub has straight skewer and is dated 1982 (according to bearing cone). Front hub has curved skewer. Both hubs have Campagnolo-stamped axles, and a little wear to the bearing surfaces (aficionados will know that these bearings are hardened all the way through, not merely 'case-hardened', so they've got years of life left). Front rim is a red-label Mavic MA2 in good condition, rear is an unknown silver box-section alu rim in slightly tattier condition than the front. Loads of braking surface left on both. Comes with a Regina Extra freewheel (14-24) - never ridden on it but it seems good. Rear is English threaded. Rear is 126mm spaced. Front rim has a little 1mm wobble, rear has a bigger 2-3mm wave - 10 minutes with a spoke wrench and they'd both be perfect. 36 spokes front and rear. They'll come without tyres - I gave the front to a retrobiker in need and the rear is pants anyway.

slightly knackered 57cm Orbit 531c frame tenner collected SOLD

Once again, all prices include postage - please feel free to ask for more photos, or make offers on combined items. I'll be updating this with some more good quality vintage road stuff once I decide what to do with my current stable of bikes. Please leave a dibs in the thread and then send a PM!

To follow shortly - 64cm touring frame, Shimano 600 headset

Moving house next week so I need to get rid of it (or most of it, at least) - make me an offer!

27.2 fluted seatpost

"27.2 fluted seatpost, looks like an SR Laprade. Seriously scratched and zig-zagged - £5"

Will buy if your provisional buyer doesn't. PM me if that occurs.

AB

Back